I'm seriously considering buying a new guitar, I don't want to spend a lot of money, so I came up with Epiphone's SG Special which is a lot better than my current guitar.
However I'm not sure if it will sound good on my amp, a behringer GM108.

Does anyone recommend me this guitar ?
I HAVE A SIG AND IT'S HUGE LOL
the SG special is HORRIBLE, just save some money if you want an sg and get the g-400, and the amp you might want to upgrade. What guitar you have now?
Yeah man, I used to have the sg special and sucked. It was made of plywood or agathis or something like that, the pickups were crap but it was the only electric I cud afford at the time. Just look for a used epiphone g 400 i'm sure you can find them for like $200
It's a behringer el toro. I doubt it's worse than the SG.
Not too great of a guitar, in my opinion..

How much are you will to spend, and what style(s) of music do you play?
I play mainly rock/punk, sometimes metal.
Yeah, theyyre really not that good. if you look at the description it says theyre made of "select tonewood", this is translated to "this guitar sucks." but if it says mahogany or something like that, youre good to go
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Don't torture yourself. Save up some more money and buy a G-400 if you want more comfort and playability, or a new amp if you want better sound.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Well it's like twice as expensive.
What's wrong with the SG Special ?
oh and btw it says it's made of mahogany.
the SG special and G-310 is alder body = bad

G-400 = moahogany and all round better guitar

save its worth it!
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
its just not a nbcie guitar to play
its like the equivalent of playing on a westfield strate just terrible tone, terrible action, terrible pick ups( buzz alot alot more) and it reli hard to get pitchs right plus the intanation tends to suck ass when your get it and is reli ahrd to re-do. if your goin epiphone for a budget look at around 250bucks, save up man its not that hard to do so,be pateint and get what is good, like right now i could buy a new drum kit for 400 ( real export) which is good but not amizng, but i could save an extra 100 and get a mapex m birth which osunds alot better you get more ofr your money, the hard ware is better and it although isnt the " known brand" is made out of better stuff, basswood for peral maple for mapex, much better same with the guitar, ubt were more talking here like a starting drum kit and the mapex ! lol
Well I could save some money but my parents aren't going to give more than 200$ this christmas and I don't feel like getting a part time job.

what about the Epiphone Les Paul Special ?
the answer my friend, to your question is...

go agile.

agiles take out epis for quality.

go here.

rondomusic.com
I have an Epiphone LP Special 2 and it's a nice solid guitar. Not sure if it's better than the SG but i recommend it.
just don't get the lp special or the sg special, get the g-400, or look on rondo music.
I have the SG special.. dead frets, too wide of a fretboard for my liking, and yeah...goes out of tune real fast...just get a G-400, or...I do have a epi les paul, but thats more than $200, its like 600. your choice though
Quote by MikeDee
oh and btw it says it's made of mahogany.

oh. whoops
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Youre just not gonna get much of a guitar for 149 bucks. It will be made of wood and have strings. But you will be very disappointed in how it plays. I went to epis site and the guitar is made of laminated alder and maple. Another name for laminate is plywood. The 310 SG was only another 50 bucks. And 400 was 269.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Nov 23, 2007,
Quote by EVH92
oh. whoops

my mistake it says it's made of alder and mapple.
yeh man dont be a lazy **** , get your 200 bucks, and save up your allouance, like 10bucks a week or wht eva and buy a nice guitar you will regret settleing for a bad guitar, stay wit whtcha got and buy when you hav more money also try selling your current guitar on ebay or to a shop or to a mate just before you buy, and you can get like 30 bucks towards it also for sometihg you wouldnt need, but not until you no what ya want cause iother wise you will sell and then neva get round to buying and be guitareless!
i had the sg special. not too bad of a guitar but the g-400 is way better for such a small price difference. do not get the 310 or the special if you can afford the g-400.
Quote by snipelfritz
Yeah well the Nazi Horn conquers the French Horn in two weeks.

Halogen Lights
I am not that experienced, but i reckon the Epiphone SG special is not too bad, especially if youve never played anything better, it will be fine. I feel that you really need to be a decent guitarist to appreciated the difference between a cheap and an expensive guitar, so by all means, if your after a cheap guitar, dont put it out of the question. Just make sure u replace the awful plastic nut and it will stay in tune better too
Quote by e32lover
I am not that experienced, but i reckon the Epiphone SG special is not too bad, especially if youve never played anything better, it will be fine. I feel that you really need to be a decent guitarist to appreciated the difference between a cheap and an expensive guitar, so by all means, if your after a cheap guitar, dont put it out of the question. Just make sure u replace the awful plastic nut and it will stay in tune better too

yeh well if your gonna upgrade to a specail, you might as well not lol, it wont help your playing at all, the specail just siont worth 100bucks or what eva its worth about 50 a fucing westfeild or stagg would be ebtter lol well maybe that to far but still