Going to start gigging soon. Looking to get a half stack, preferably tube, for no more than $1600. I play hard rock/metal. Looking for Tool type distortion. I've been thinking about Peavey 6505. Just looking for recommendations. Also, how are B-52's?
Do not get a B-52, for your money i would get a used Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier head ($1000) and a used marshall 1960a or somthing like that cab (600)
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Half stack is not totally necessary, I've played the combo mesa boogie tremoverb which is what I like, but they are impossible to find.
you can get anything used for $1600
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
get a mesa single rectorfier triple rectifiers are way too loud especially if you are pa'd
For $1600 are you wanting a killer head with a decent cab, the other way around, or something in the middle.

You could get an H&K Switchblade combo for $1500 I believe, the head is $1,400 or so. Save up for a cab.

A single recto, F-100, Nomad, Mark IV, Mark III, and Roadking can fall in the $1,600 range. It's more of a matter of buying a cab after that.

Avatar and Carvin sells some good priced 2x12s and 4x12s.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio