hi everybody, I have a 92' strat sunburst with a maple fingerboard, I'm planning on replacing the bridge stock pickup cuz it's too weak and twangy (ah really?) and wanna turn this guitar into a hard rock machine, the sound I'm looking for is a warm crunch rich of mids very popular in the 70's like angus young's tone, a sound that reminds of a gibson guitar then, anyway in the following youtube clip you can hear the tone I wish my strat had:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=3p1N0seP5oo

this guy is using a strat with an handmade humbucker at the bridge so nothing I can find in stock, plugged into a jcm 2000 as u can see.

What would you guys suggest in order to obtain such tone?

thanks in advance
im afraid i dont have either the skills or the knowledge to help you much but i can wish you luck and say this is a really awesome idea

i love the way strats feel/handle but the sound is too.. weak for my style
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
and one other thing.. look into some Gibson full size ceramics.. like the ones in the neck of Explorers, i can get a great Zeppelin/AC/DC tone from that
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by p o e
and one other thing.. look into some Gibson full size ceramics.. like the ones in the neck of Explorers, i can get a great Zeppelin/AC/DC tone from that

and how would they work on a strat?

makuserusukotto: I have a fender deluxe 85 at the moment (I always played blues and country blues) but I'm gonna get a vox ac30 soon
Quote by kevinmask

makuserusukotto: I have a fender deluxe 85 at the moment (I always played blues and country blues) but I'm gonna get a vox ac30 soon

just making sure you wernt going to say some 15w starter amp or somthing

and gibsons in a fender work fine, and would definitely be good for that tone.
Quote by makuserusukotto
just making sure you wernt going to say some 15w starter amp or somthing

and gibsons in a fender work fine, and would definitely be good for that tone.

do you have any knowledge on the seymour duncan jb sh4? cuz a friend of mine is selling it for a few pennies
Quote by kevinmask

easy, cut out the pickguard in the pickup slot you want it in to fit it and solder the damn wires of it in..
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by p o e
easy, cut out the pickguard in the pickup slot you want it in to fit it and solder the damn wires of it in..

I meeant how they'd sound, not how to fit it into it........
get a fred or a norton, air norton, airzone.
but the latter 2 are also pretty bassy
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Seymour Duncan JB Junior or a Duncan JB could probably work, or get a Gibson Classic 57 or something.
The maple fret board and alder body will give a much brighter sound than a mahogany LP or SG. A pickup thats to "bassey" for them might work pretty good in a strat.
Replace the pickguard with an HSS one and stick a Dimarzio Breed in the bridge - the whole point of that pickup is to beef up the tone a guitar with a trem. It won't turn it into a Les Paul, but it's about as close as you can get whithout blocking the trem and changing the body wood.

A JB would be nothing but screaming treble, and Gibson pickups are designed to sound good in a mahogany Gibson guitar, not an alder bodied Fender.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Replace the pickguard with an HSS one and stick a Dimarzio Breed in the bridge - the whole point of that pickup is to beef up the tone a guitar with a trem. It won't turn it into a Les Paul, but it's about as close as you can get whithout blocking the trem and changing the body wood.

A JB would be nothing but screaming treble, and Gibson pickups are designed to sound good in a mahogany Gibson guitar, not an alder bodied Fender.

I see, what about the dimarzio FRED? I heard it sounds similar to brian may's pickups which is a tone that I like a lot
Gibson pickups are way overpriced.

Go to www.highorderpickups.com, send Jeff an email about what you want, and he'll make you a pickup for super cheap
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll

Go to www.highorderpickups.com, send Jeff an email about what you want, and he'll make you a pickup for super cheap

I just mailed Jeff, let's see if he gets back to me and what he recommends
Quote by FacingUsAll

he just got back to me and suggested the 8.2k alnico 2 or 5, dunno if you're familiar with it