So, today I just bought the GK Backline 410 cab, and I already have a Rogue RB120 15" Combo, which has a "Balanced Out" and a Line Out. I originally thought I would have to use the Balanced Out, but the Backline cab only has a instrument cable sized input on the back, (I asked the guy at Guitar Center for a "speaker" cable, but who knows if that's what I actually got, but it was free, so whatever). So, basically I'm unable to get it to work so far, so does anyone have any idea how to hook the two up so I can use the combo amp as basically a head for the cab as well.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Won't work like that. You need a speaker out on the combo to power a cab. Even then, the wattages might not match up. Pretty much, you bought something you can't use.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
So, what's a good example of an amp with one. That way I can look at it and see. But I plan on getting a head eventually, but the cab was for a good deal.

~Sacred Slumber
try using the line out, it will probably cut the speakers in the combo out but the cab should work, the wattage doesn't matter to much as long as the combo isn't overly powerful, which I doubt. the bal. out is meant for the PA hookup which is why the spearker hookup didn't look righ it is more than likely an XLR output.
Peavey Basic 112 has one. I would just suggest buying a head to go with it though, or returning it. The dopes at guitar center should have let you known that that wouldn't work, but this is why I avoid that store.
Haha, okay, well does anyone know a really cheap head or pre amp or something that I can get so I can use it? I mean the only other thing I could think of is try to trade in my 15" for a bass head, maybe, but I really want to keep it for the low end and use the 410 for the top end and what not. Hmmm.

~Sacred Slumber
how much are you willing to spend?

i would suggest ashdown or ampeg, but i'm not sure how much you have to spend/ the exact specs of your cab(ie. max wattage output, ohms, and such)