Does anyone have any experience with DRIVE guitar amplifiers? They have a huge clearance at musiciansfriend, and I am tempted to get a hybrid (tube/solid) head and cab.
flying crapola
get a roland cube 60
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
no they suck... very absolutely terribly suck.

you would be making a better invest with your cash if you just burned your monies.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

I'm guessing junk.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
They are fine, better than marshall MGs in some ways.

I'd go for something else though, as I'm sure you can get something better for your money. I sell them at the shop I work at, they are no longer in production so there's only like one left in the shop. But they aren't amazing, yet not utterly useless.

The cube would probably be a better choice.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
We just had a thread yesterday. Search button isn't even necessary. Just going back a few pages is all that is needed.
Ben
Drive sounds like one of those places that makes amps a little while then changes names so they dont have to honor warranties. My friend has one its a bass amp that comes with a starter pack. That should give a clue to their quality.
Quote by Tackleberry
Drive sounds like one of those places that makes amps a little while then changes names so they dont have to honor warranties. My friend has one its a bass amp that comes with a starter pack. That should give a clue to their quality.

Fender has a starter pack amp, so that means they suck too?

Drive is meant to be a budget type company, cheap, loud practice amps abound, and mostly hybrids.

Much better value than an MG.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra