i am sick of lugging around my heavy ass amp.
i know i can get wheels for it but are they universal?
how do they attach?
and where do i get them?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
im having the same problem right now. i plan to weigh my amp, go to home depot or Ace hardware and request wheels for it.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
Yea hardware store there arent special wheels for em or anything. They usually mount with screw.
i just thought of a problem tho.
i have a combo amp (212) and if i put wheels on the bottom then to wheel it around i will have to be hunched over cause the amp wouldnt be tall enough
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
What amp?

Wheels on an amp generally isn't a good idea, especially tube. It's one thing to wheel an amp across the gym floor, it's another to wheel it on a cobblestone street. Even the jagged bumps of a seemingly even gravel road can beat up the inside of your amp. If you must, the best solution is a padded road case that will absorb a lot of the bumps and such. Next up would be a dolly of some sort. Carry your amp on the street, then place it on the dolly to move it around on smooth surfaces.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^yea, a padded hardcase is by far the best for an amp

These work great. I use them on a cabinet of mine. The only thing you need a 5/8 inch drilling bit, smaller/normal bit for pilot holes, drill, and screwdriver. The ernie ball pop-out kind (these) are best.
Last edited by Gutch220 at Nov 24, 2007,
Quote by Gutch220
These work well. I use them on some of my gear. The only thing you need a 5/8 inch drilling bit. The pop-out kind (these) are best.

Thanks for the link. I've got a combo amp on its way that weighs 65 pounds...
Holy crap thats going to be fun...
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
it's not good to put casters on an amp though. You're better off getting something like this myah, but if find these cheap so I would buy one specifically designed for your amp. I am planning on getting this one for my AC30 right myah
Last edited by Gutch220 at Nov 24, 2007,
Yeah, I've never used the casters on my combo. The 90 lbs. weight is part of the fun
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Yeah, I've never used the casters on my combo. The 90 lbs. weight is part of the fun

Jesus!

Heavy magnets, cab made of ebony, or something.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Dirk Gently

I don't know, I'm kinda lanky, weigh 105 pounds at 15... I'm sure the amp will sound good enough to muster some willpower to take it to band practice
- Douglas Adams
Quote by Otnip
I don't know, I'm kinda lanky, weigh 105 pounds at 15... I'm sure the amp will sound good enough to muster some willpower to take it to band practice

I was like the same way man. I found it much easier with a head and cab than a combo, carry it all seperatly.

If you look into amp cases you will find most have 2 handles on them, which beats the hell out of that one handle manufacturers put right on top of an amp.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Yeah it would be more convenient, but this was a really good deal for the combo (650$, barely used) so I just couldn't say no. I've seen a mod where someone took apart the chassie of the combo and made a head out of it.

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010002gc8.jpg

I hope I don't get to a point where this might be needed
- Douglas Adams
its a carvin belair
and the roadcase is way too expensive for me to justify
Quote by beeboshain