I'm going to get either Fingerstyle Guitar or Advanced Fingerstyle Guitar by Ken Perlman, but I'm not sure which one I should get. I already have an ok knowledge of fingerstyle guitar, I can play stairway to heaven, kathy's song (simon and garfunkel), a fingerstyle version of Tears in Heaven, and some other stuff. So I'm not sure which of the two books I should get. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Although I'm just starting on the path of the guitar, I'd like to learn *something* in figerstyle, or practice a few things mainly because I'm tired of looking for picks -but I'm not sure exactly how to read that link and the tabs when it comes to fingerstyle. Maybe I'll just try errrr... something and see if it starts to make more sense.
Quote by SpaceChicken
Although I'm just starting on the path of the guitar, I'd like to learn *something* in figerstyle, or practice a few things mainly because I'm tired of looking for picks -but I'm not sure exactly how to read that link and the tabs when it comes to fingerstyle. Maybe I'll just try errrr... something and see if it starts to make more sense.

Are you saying you don't know which fingers to use in which occasion? or are you saying you don't know how to read tabs?

The formula(main one that I always see) for finger picking is PIMA

P=Thumb
I=Index
M=Middle
A=Ring

P applies to your bass strings(E, A, D).
I is used for the G
M is used for B
A is used for E

You may have to practice a long time to get use to it but it will get easier. You should also look at a video of someone(who knows what they are doing) playing it and see what all the do when it comes to position to see if it lines up.