basically, i was out with some friends, smoking abit

and on the way home my leg started really itching
so i looked at it when i got in
and i had a bright red rash on both sides above my knees with lots of raised pimples

now i think it could be one of three things:

a reaction to the grass we were sitting on,
i used to get eczma and rashes from grass but havent for a long long time, and dont remember it being like this

some thing from the cider i drank, although i didnt have much

or the joint i smoked

any ideas?

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Quote by BcRichOwner

and i had a bright red rash on both sides above my knees with lots of raised pimples

i used to get eczma and rashes from grass but havent for a long long time, and dont remember it being like this

or the joint i smoked

any ideas?

The grass you were sitting on, not the grass you were smoking.
As far as I'm aware smoking weed doesn't give you a rash on your leg. You could have quite possibly sat on or near something you're allergic to without realising - I used to get bad rashes on my arms for seemingly no reason, but we then found out it was because I was allergic to a certain type of plant in the garden. So ask in the drug thread to make sure, and take a look at the area to see if anything you don't usually see is there.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Everyone knows cannabis starts by giving you a rash, then you go crazy and kill your family.

All because of cannabis.
If it's a localised rash (in your case on the same place above each knee) then it's usually something that you've come in to contact with externally, which would probably be the grass you were sitting on. If it was caused by something that you had ingested then the rash would cover a large part of your body.

This is what I remember being told by a doctor after I ate honey-nut cheerios and broke out in hives, in case you wanted to know the source of the information.
Love is not a victory march.
well technically, you could be allergic to weed. but i doubt it was that, as im allergic to everything that grows outside and ive smoked both weed, and just plain ol'e tobacco and thats never happened to me.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Yeah, It's definently not the weed. Likely your allergic to something that was on the ground or a bug bit you.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Next you'll start having suicidal thoughts and perhaps even commit sodomy on your family pet. But sarcasm and beastiality aside, it's probably something in the grass you were sitting in.
ah thanks guys,
yeah makes sense now haha, i was just worried at the time

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

I know what it is.. in dutch its called 'netelroos' I don't know the English name.
You can get it in 30 min and it will dissapear as quick as it came. this goes on for max 6 weeks (you might just get it 1/5 days) after the six weeks have passed it should be over.

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

yeah it did come and go really quickly, ill have to see if i get it again
i hope not haha

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Last edited by BcRichOwner at Nov 23, 2007,
it'll be the grass you were sitting on, everyone gets rashes from pricky grass, whether they're allergic to it or not. same as conifers - those prickly buggers give everyone scratchy hands.

as far as i'm aware, it's medically impossible to get a rash on your legs from either weed or cider, although if you were drinking white lightning, it may not have been actual cider, in which case, i can't really say.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
haha no it was strongbow

i just saw something like that can happen from the yeast in it
but i didnt think it was likely

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Quote by BcRichOwner

or the joint i smoked

any ideas?

were you sitting on a fire ant nest? that might do it....

other than that, yea prolly the grass you were sitting in.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
hmm well at least you can smoke weed, i'm immune to it, i'm like 1 in 1000 people who are immune to it or something. I have like 3 blows and i feel it slightly, then i have a few more and i'm back to normal, i've smoked it through a bong etc. nothing
Quote by Steve The Plank
I'm guessing the grass you were sitting on knew you're a proud BC Rich owner.

I lolled so hard.
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

Quote by DanRev
Everyone knows cannabis starts by giving you a rash, then you go crazy and kill your family.

All because of cannabis.

Whats Canobus
Either a bug bit you, or there was fertilizer stuff in the grass.

weed doesnt give rashes.