I keep hearing that analog pedals sound better than digital. So I was wondering...are Boss and Digitech pedals analog or digital?

Let's say the Boss Metal Zone for example. Analog or Digital?

I also have a DOD Grunge pedal. Is this analog?

Thanks.
depends on the pedal. some are analog, some are digital. for example the ds-1 is analog while the ph-3 is digital. i DOD is analog, but im not 100% sure on that.
Quote by bludwolfrocks
digitech= digital
see my logic????

your logic doesnt quite work well. there are analog digitech pedals, the bad monkey for example. in fact, that whole range of pedals is analog (screamin blues, hot head, etc).
I did a little digging, and it seems that guitarcenter.com display which signal type they use.

If you check here http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-MT-2-Metal-Zone-Effects-Pedal-100020358-i1124483.gc you'll see that the Metal Zone is actually analog.

It seems like all Boss distortion pedals are analog and most of their other fx such as phaser are digital. Just like jof1029 was saying...interesting. Thanks for your help.
Quote by Midnight Murk
What does "DOD" stand for?

Department of Digitech. Digitech used to make high end processors and rack untis almost exclusively, with DOD making pedals and what not. Now DOD is pretty much just their and slowly fading into oblivion due to Digitech now making everything DOD does, and with DOD's product line being cut back heavily.
Some are, some aren't. My Boss DD-3 is digital, but other Boss pedals, like the DS-1 and the BD-2 Blues Driver are analog.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
digitech is all digital. boss is only digital if it says "COSM" somewhere on it or if its some crazy pitch shifter
Quote by sobeisbull
digitech is all digital. boss is only digital if it says "COSM" somewhere on it or if its some crazy pitch shifter

Bullcrap. Bad Monkey is analog, Screamin' Blues is analog, I think even the Death Metal is analog.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^Not sure where you're getting the idea the Bad Monkey is digital. It's based very closely off the Tubescreamer.
To those people who are saying that all digitech pedals are digital, you guys are all noob..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

The Metal Zone is digital I believe, but **** on a stick.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by everlost
Based on this site...it seems like Digitech are digital...even Bad Monkey.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech,Overdrive--Distortion--Fuzz-and-Boost-Guitar-Effects-Pedals1.gc

Based on this email from digitech support, it's analog. Death metal is digital though.

Clayton, Bill <bclayton@hmgsl.com>
The Bad Monkey and Hot Head are analog, the Death Metal is digital.

Not sure about the email address, but that's where it went after I submitted my question on the form on digitech's site.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra