Hi, I've been reading articles regarding home PC recording setups, and my head hurts. My friend recommended a DigiTech RPx400, but I heard it lags, and the drivers are annoying. Then, I was told I should get an Audiophile 192 PCI card. PCI is faster than USB, but all it is is a card... how would I add the effects I can get with the RPx400??

All I want is to record my midi keyboard, electric guitar, bass, and microphone at the same time. So, 4 devices max, at least for right now. I want this to go into my PC so I can mix individual tracks into one mp3 file.

I am not rich at all (just a college student). The DigiTech sounds cool, but I don't want to buy something and then regret it later, ya know? I did searches on this board for answers, but the answers seem a bit ambiguous... if someone could give me advice, that'd be great. I've read the standard tutorials, but I still don't get it.
Check out a firewire interface kind of like... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-iO14-Portable-14-Input-FireWire-Audio-Interface?sku=246030
or something simular. There's lots of stuff on MF that would work really. You could also go with some sort of USB mixer but when it comes to recording I think most people would agree that firewire is better.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Check out the Riffs and Recordings forum.

This is mostly for music theory
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Check out the Riffs and Recordings forum.

This is mostly for music theory

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out