Okay, I planned on buying a schecter xxx (the one with the stripper girls inlays), but unfortunately I called my guitar center and someone has purchased it, bastard.

The closest I can get to it would be a Schecter c-1 elite.

What he described to me is that there is a Schecter c-1 elite with a set neck and black gloss finish and a c-1 elite with a quilt top and amber finish.

Now, i'm very sad because as I played that xxx I fell in love with it.
My question is this. If I buy a c-1 elite is it any different then an xxx spec wise? I'm not worried about the inlays, just in how it sounds and plays. The xxx was amazing when I was playing metal, pick up wise and sound-wise, is the elite any different?
My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who i am.
Okay to make it easier on some the pickups for the 2 guitars are as follows...

Schecter XXX - Seymour Duncan JB and '59 pickups (duncan designed equivalents)

Schecter c-1 Elite - Duncan Designed HB-102

I have no clue about the pickups, I just need to know if the c-1's pickups sound the same, or are worse then the xxx's pickups.
I have played both but at different places on different amps. I like both so either one IMHO are a good choice. Before I got a Schecter I don't even know if I ever would have picked one up but now that I own one I like the line. I played an Omen today. Well, I think it was an Omen it was satin black and it had the bat inlays I really thought of grabbing it but I figure I might wait to see if they have a good sale soon.

John
Well how does the c-1 elite sound? The xxx had a very distinct sound whenever I set the amp I tried it on to a very distorted setting. The distortion was incredibly intense, but was so clear and crisp you could hear everything.

Anyone know anything on the HB-102 pickups? Are they any good?
Well, if the duncan designed ones sound anything like mine did, it'll be great sounding. You might wanna put actual duncans in there later on like I did, but I think the designed are just fine. Not as good as real duncans mind you, but it sure as hell gets the job done.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I thought they both sounded great. I wish I could have tried them out at the same place at the same time, it's a lot easier to compare when you can switch off using the same amp. I am pretty sure I prefered the XXX but I like a lot of distortion when I play.

John