Well, according to Wikipedia, there's 20+ types of headbang. So, which way is your favorite?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headbang

One Wikipedia left out that I'm fond of is the "Neck Cracker". You move your head as if you're trying to pop your neck, but not as violently. You can see an example here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY3oEvaq71A

Watch Krist Novoselic, the bassist, who's doing it most of the video.

I'm also rather attached to the basic up and down and the side-to-side/nono.

Videos are key here folks.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
windmill...
or the 3-9 o'clock swing...
i also lawl when i do my robert tjuhiofiohfieosfh (metallica) crab stance and slide side-to-side
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
windmill is the best.. all those amon amarth videos crack me up.
there should be a cumulative brain cell loss counter at the bottom corner of the screen.
"i have nothing to say, and i am saying it"
flickr.com/photos/chazoid
last.fm/user/p4nts
whiplash
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
I don't do any headbanging at all...

I just hunch over with my nose 4 inches away from the strings while I play like mad!
07' Gibson LIMITED EDITION Classic w/Emg's (replaced with Blackouts)
Jackson RR3
Peavey 6505+ Head
CryBaby
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
ISP DECIMATOR
MXR-10 EQ

www.myspace.com/dispozal
Quote by pepsi_lovr
The one from 'Night at the rocksberry' to "what is love."

:P

pepsi
I do that every time I hear that song.
uhhhh, yea
side-to-side AND up and down? Like those guyz in paramore
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Traditional, and circular (I picked it up from Metalocalypse). I love it, grabs much attention .
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Yeah windmill for sure. Also the way Alexi Laiho does it, I'm not sure what that would count as, I don't feel like lookin' at the wiki.
I hate when it's really obvious that articles were written by teenagers sitting in their room with nothing better to do. Look up just about any Rock or Metal guitarist, song, album, band, genre, etc. and it's very obvious that is was written by incredibly biased sources.
You know, I've honestly been expecting some sexual reference from someone outta this thread...

But back on topic. I like the traditional. My hair isn't long enough for the Metalocalypse swirly one....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
windmill
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
whiplash or standard up/down for me, or sort of like Angus Young without the foot thing
Gibson SG Standard
Dean Avalanche
Line 6 Spider II 30
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah

Velvet Revolver/Alice in Chains- 10/7/07
Foo Fighters - 1/17/08
Pearl Jam - 6/12/08
Stone Temple Pilots- 8/22/08
Kinds I use while at metal shows: Up and down, half circle, all-out (when I'm near the stage), tandem, thrust, and half-body.

And I use almost all those while playing.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.