So, I'm gonna save up for this guitar http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe_2.html (very first one)

But, I've heard two things about the tuners. Their site says they're schaller, but musician's friend and a couple other places say they're grover. So, I was thinking if anyone here had any experience with this and could tell me which brand it is?

Thanks
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
are the tuners reaaally that important?

EMG's or Seymour Duncans is the bigger question here.
Quote by henza_x
are the tuners reaaally that important?

EMG's or Seymour Duncans is the bigger question here.

Well, I have duncans in my schecter, so I'd figure I'd get EMG's now..
That, and I need another guitar so I can keep one in one tuning and the other in another

Also, one of my grover tuners doesn't really hold a tune that well ( the G string)
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
are you getting the one with the FR or the fixed bridge?
id say if you already have a schecter with duncans and fixed bridge, go get the one withe EMGs and the FR.
Hm... It says the Viper-1000 has schaller too, and on musiciansfriend it doesnt even say, but i just looked at them and mine say Sperzel....

that made me laugh.. lol. well regardless if they are the sperzel ones i have then they are good.

i would say whatever brand they are, schaller, grover, or sperzel they would be fine.

go ahead and get that beauty!
G strings on all guitars are notorious for being the first to fall out of tune, and the worst-ly out of tune.

And yes it is monumentally important what tuners you get. Better tuners keep in tune better. Cheaper ones hold the strings worse and break faster.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by steel337
They are Schaller locking tuners for sure. Why shouldn't you trust the real website?

http://www.espguitars.com/support_features.html

Yeah I know, I figured they were...I just wanted to make sure haha

yeah I'm gonna get the first one...the black H-1001, for those whom asked
Alright, wellp, I'm gonna get saving then haha
Thanks guys
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus