I'm startting to get to the point where I want to write my own riffs. I just don't know where to start.

I have ACID. Right now I just use it to play entire songs by myself (guitar 1/2, drums). I'm not exactly sure how you are suppsed to write a guitar-specific riff. Should I record a chord progression and solo over it? I'm not sure how other people do it, but I see a lot of people here with songs in their sig that they made themselves, and I want to learn to do that too.

Also, does anyone know where I can learn a lot of cool riffs and licks? I realized today that I don't know a lot of material when it comes to soloing. I usually just play along with my favorite songs or record songs, but I want to know a lot of fast moving licks and riffs that sound really cool.

Right now all I know are intros, rhythym guitar parts, and some solos. I can play Canon Rock pretty well except for the sweep picking, so that's pretty much the most funthing I do on guitar.

So, tips and riffs is basicaly what I'm asking for .
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Do you know any scales?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Yeah. I've been playing for one and a half years, and I've progressed pretty quickly up until about two months ago. That's when I started learning theory, so now I know all major, minor, major pentatonics, minor pentatonics, modes, chord construction, staying in key, how to find key, the chords in a key, etc.

I did a little more searching. Basically, I come up with a basic chord progression, then turn that into the baseline for my riff, and solo over it?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401