Hey, I've been recording with audacity for a while now, and i feel i've got the most out of it that I can, so i was thinking about moving on to a better program. I'm not sure which to go for, because i've never used or tried any other recording software, I don't think i'm ready for Pro-Tools + my laptop will probably not handle it.

I was looking at Adobe Audition or possibly Cubase, any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Oh, I'm using windows so i can't use anything Mac releated.
Quote by turbulenced
Hey, I've been recording with audacity for a while now, and i feel i've got the most out of it that I can, so i was thinking about moving on to a better program. I'm not sure which to go for, because i've never used or tried any other recording software, I don't think i'm ready for Pro-Tools + my laptop will probably not handle it.
I was looking at Adobe Audition or possibly Cubase, any suggestions?
Thanks a lot.
Oh, I'm using windows so i can't use anything Mac releated.

Geetings. I have been using both Audacity and Cubase SE3 now for a couple of months. I don't know about Audition but Cubase saves it's track files as WAV's which is very handy.

For my CD, I preprocessed the WAV files from the recordings using Audacity. I brought the volume up, got rid of the clipping, did some left to right panning by using the Amplify effect and a few times used the old Cut & Paste to fix a minor muck up. Then I saved the track files off individually as WAV's, imported them into Cubase and did the EQ and minor effects stuff in there. Exported the mix as a stereo WAV and imported back to Audacity for the final tweaking. I did all my own mastering (LOOOOWW BUDGET) so you get what you pay for. But all in all things came out pretty well. You can here some of the songs on my MySpace page.

I plan on doing things pretty much the same for the next one. I'm sure that a lot of the things that I am doing track wise in Audacitiy, Cubase can do, I just have to figure it out.

But keep Audacity if for no reason other than exporting MP3's, they only give you 20 with Cubase, then you have to pay for it.

Tony