I havn't been able to find this anywhere and have always had trouble understanding it. Now when people say 'I use my bridge pickup' does that mean on the pickup selector they have it set to rythem on a SG ?
yes. bridge=rhythm. neck=treble.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Quote by Guitarplaymetal

opposite. bridge = treble, neck = rhythm
Quote by samick007
opposite. bridge = treble, neck = rhythm

really? i always thought it was the other way....hmm. guess you learn something new everyday. kinda doesnt make sense. i use my neck for leads, and bridge for rhythm.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Quote by Doppelgänger
Quote by Guitarplaymetal

and you are a guitar setup master?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
true, my mistake. i dont play on les pauls or SG's so i dont really have a lot of experience with the switch label. i use neck and bridge.

and as for me being a set up master. i do all my own set ups, and my friends. includes, truss rods, strings, pickups, action. I do all that i know how to, to get guitars playing well without problems. on my xplorer, action is fantastic. Neck is straight, everything is perfect with it, along with my friends Jackson dinky w/floyd rose. although getting the action extra low without buzzing is still a work in process.

but i think i'm pretty good at what i do.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Quote by Doppelgänger
Last edited by Guitarplaymetal at Nov 24, 2007,
Quote by Ferrarone
and you are a guitar setup master?

Quote by Guitarplaymetal
true, my mistake. i dont play on les pauls or SG's so i dont really have a lot of experience with the switch label. i use neck and bridge.

and as for me being a set up master. i do all my own set ups, and my friends. includes, truss rods, strings, pickups, action. I do all that i know how to, to get guitars playing well without problems. on my xplorer, action is fantastic. Neck is straight, everything is perfect with it, along with my friends Jackson dinky w/floyd rose. although getting the action extra low without buzzing is still a work in process.

but i think i'm pretty good at what i do.

Wow that sure is hard.

/sarcasm
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Last edited by iSlash at Nov 24, 2007,
the way he wants it can be a pain in the ass ok. no sense in turning this into a flame fest alright? the TS go his answer, and i admitted i was wrong. no harm no foul.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Quote by Doppelgänger
^ haha, thank you!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
yer the neck is the rythm and the bridge is the treble........
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
^Err..........I do? lol

me too...
roll off the volume on my les paul neck pup to clean it up,
then rhythm on that sounds lovely.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Which pickup to use is purely up to the user. Some like the bridge for everything, its why you see guitars with just that one, but dont see any with just a neck pickup. And you gotta remember that rhythm/treble washer around the switch has been on there unchanged for about 50 years. Alot has changed since then. You can always just spin the switch so it goes forward and back pointing at the pickup in use, like a strat.
Quote by Guitarplaymetal
really? i always thought it was the other way....hmm. guess you learn something new everyday. kinda doesnt make sense. i use my neck for leads, and bridge for rhythm.

It makes sense because the bridge pickup is treblier than the neck pickup.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.