Page 1 of 2
what do you think will be some of the songs/bands that people in 40 years will still be listening to them?im talking like 90's and up.

Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Last edited by Joey-Tribiani at Nov 24, 2007,
Smells Like Teen Spirit, Wonderwall. Metalwise, I'm gonna say that there is far too much good stuff to keep track.
haha u probaly should have put it as the bands that will be remembered, probaly wud have got fewer things lol
All those classic nineties songs like
Iris
You're a God
If You Could Only See
Kryptonite
Save Tonight
Dammit
Smells Like Teen Spirit

And all those classic Naughties songs like
My Humps
London Bridge
Jenny From the Block
Lips of An Angel
Right Thurr... ...
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
smells like teen spirit, even if it doesn´t deserve it

i think and hope that all Ten (-Pearl jam) will be remembered cause it´s so fcking epic!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Killing in the name
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
A lot of Chili Peppers material I'm sure like ^scar tissue, californication, etc.

Drive by Incubus.
A few by Nirvana, Teen spirit, come as you are, etc.
Some foo fighters, and I can see people still listening to Tool in 40 years.
^ holy crap maniac 16
when i saw the title of this thread i was about to post literaly the EXACT same thing as you, minus tool.

EDIT: nothing against tool, it just didnt come up in my head.
never said radio dude. And seeing as they are still putting out material, I'm sure they'll be on the radio for longer than 5 years.
ok i misread the question "my fault there" i would agree then that tool will be listened to in 40 yrs cuz they are one of those bands that seem to have the its tool and no one else fans...
The most talented man on earth...
Crank Dat Soulja Boy- Soulja Boy.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by RHCP94
Crank Dat Soulja Boy- Soulja Boy.

sorry man but i have to say thats either the funniest or most ridiculous comment i ever seen... I hope its a joke because if u r on the modern rock thread and post that WOW!

Hope i'm not alone here.
Quote by DeadIdentity81
sorry man but i have to say thats either the funniest or most ridiculous comment i ever seen... I hope its a joke because if u r on the modern rock thread and post that WOW!

Hope i'm not alone here.

It was a joke.
Quote by DeadIdentity81

Hope i'm not alone here.

I believe this is the first time RHC94 has been taken seriously.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Diffecult to answer as many of the tracks we consider classic now were I'm sure not considered anything special at the time of release.
I definitely don't think Under the Bridge will ever die, which is a damn good thing.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Dani California

Shit, those are the only two I can think of.

I could name artists that will be remembered, though.
The.
Rammstein- Du Hast (I don't know why but it's been a few years of that song and I still hear it.)
3 Doors Down- Kryptonite
Any Nirvana song
OK, here are the bands that I think will be highly regarded like, 20 years from now:

Nirvana
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains
Tool
Blink-182 (they did start something new, as much as you will flame me for this)
The.
I HATE saying it but
Boulevard of Broken Dreams

man.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Nirvana- Nevermind material
Pearl Jam- Ten material
Queens of the Stone Age- anything really
NIN- TDS stuff, Closer in particular just for the shock value

Tool also, I think a lot of their stuff is so deep and complex, its sure to last.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Superunknown by Soundgarden will go down in history as one of the greatest altern/rock albums ever.
And so will Nevermind.
...Life Sucks Then You Die...
^ well, if the crap of commercial rock keeps coming out, then our modern rock will really outstand everything.
Quote by vintage x metal
I HATE saying it but
Boulevard of Broken Dreams

man.

and.. and.. American Idiot
One of the most recent people has to be John Mayer he'll be known for his musical talents YEARS from now.

Pearl Jam will be too.
A list that could still be in the top 10 in ten years:

1. Hard To Concentrate - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Just a beautiful timeless song)
2. Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
3. New Born - Muse
4. Sadie - Alkaline Trio
5. No One Knows - Queens Of The Stoneage
6. Generator - Bad Religion
7. Everlong - Foo Fighters
8. Time For Heroes - The Libertines
9. Time Of Your Life - Green Day
10. Mr Brightside - The Killers
RHCP Track Of The Week: Funny Face

'QUEEN ARE THE MOST OVERRATED BAND SINCE THE BEATLES' - A controversial comment which I firmly believe.
Quote by sebastian_96
I believe this is the first time RHC94 has been taken seriously.

That's something that should never happen.
RHCP - Under the Bridge/Give it Away/ Soul to Squeeze/ Scar Tissue / Suck My Kiss/ Dani California.

Incubus - Drive (without a doubt)

Killers - Mr Brightside (great song)

Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite

Foo Fighters - Best of You

Probably more, but for modern rock that is all i can think of. Yes i am a Chili fan, but those songs are pretty popular, it isn't THAT bias. You could probably take Give it away, suck my kiss, and soul to squeeze out, but they are too great, imo.
rIp
Most creed songs will still be heard when were all 50

HeyMr i agree with the RHCP songs other then Dani and Suck my kiss for some reason those just doesnt stick in my mind when i hear them as much as Give, Under, and Soul.
Quote by Flea's#1fan
A list that could still be in the top 10 in ten years:

1. Hard To Concentrate - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Just a beautiful timeless song)
2. Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
3. New Born - Muse
4. Sadie - Alkaline Trio
5. No One Knows - Queens Of The Stoneage
6. Generator - Bad Religion
7. Everlong - Foo Fighters
8. Time For Heroes - The Libertines
9. Time Of Your Life - Green Day
10. Mr Brightside - The Killers

All lot of those songs aren't really mainstream. Oh, and it's Good Riddance; not Time Of Your Life.
LOL
Totally forgot about Creed, they will definitely have 4 or 5 songs that would stand the test of time, like Higher, one last breath and such.

And yea Dead, i know what you are saying. Suck my Kiss probably won't. Being on guitar hero 3 kinda re brought the song to life for me though.

Dani maybe not, Stadium Arcadium won't really be remembered in 50 years that much, i don't think. The solo at the end is real catchy, and is probably the highlight of the song. Dani is the song that sadly brought all these new Chili fans on board because they heard the song and suddenly are a die hard Chili fan... *sigh*
rIp
Quote by !CC
and.. and.. American Idiot

I actually like Old Green Day a lot, and I'm not gonna bash the album AI, even if the guitar requires no skill whatsoever, it had some musical quality..

But seriously, BOBD was played on the radio until even deaf people knew all the ****ing words.
American Idiot, as a song, i didnt even like in general.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 2