man....I keep seeing Dual recto's on ebay for fairly reasonable prices. I want a high gain amp I can use to play metal. really heavy riff oriented stuff. the Uberschall seems like the best thing for me, but the Boogie is a lot cheaper used.

which way should I go? I have 2G at my disposal right now. if I get a boogie around 1300, I would still have plenty left to get a new cab (probably a Vader). or I could save a little more and get a new Uberschall. I could then save some more and get a cab in time. I'm not in a band, so it's not like I need the amp now.

give me guidance!
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by ihatethischord
vox AD150VTH will probably play whatever your playing better than both of those

PLEASE tell me you're joking.

Uberschall- it's simply epic- the Dual Recto has a flabby low end which is no good for high-gain stuff.
I don't know names of loads of high-gain heads off the top of my head, but you have quite a bit of cash, so check out:
Diezel, VHT, Bogner (other ones ), Splawn, ENGL, Solando...

All I can think of atm.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
PLEASE tell me you're joking.

Uberschall- it's simply epic- the Dual Recto has a flabby low end which is no good for high-gain stuff.
I don't know names of loads of high-gain heads off the top of my head, but you have quite a bit of cash, so check out:
Diezel, VHT, Bogner (other ones ), Splawn, ENGL, Solando...

All I can think of atm.

agreed, the Uber has the 'epic' feel to it. Diezel's are out of my range. VHT sound great, but I don't think they're worth the money, or more than, an Uber. and the Uber is Bogners best high gain amp. the Shiva and Xstacy aren't built for the same type of gain. ENGL's don't have enough balls, IMO.

thanks for the reply.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Look into a Splawn Nitro. the guys at HCAF are calling it a Super Uberschall. Tighter, more articulate, no flubby low end. Its basically a Uber with out some of the flaws
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
the boogie heavy sound is so overdone that i simply cannot stand that tone... id go for the bogner seeing as it is teh sexy
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Well between those two amps, it's really no contest imo, the Uberschall will walk all over the Recto.

Have you tried checking out a Framus Cobra?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
TS, have you tried the Mark IV too? Maybe it's not your sound, but it's worth a try.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
http://rocksolidamps.com/index.php?contain=description&ii=119&mid=2#

Rock Solid Amps have a lot of High End High Gain amps.

Framus Cobra is a good choice. I don't know the price. (You have to call to get a price) But they sound very good.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
http://rocksolidamps.com/index.php?contain=description&ii=119&mid=2#

Rock Solid Amps have a lot of High End High Gain amps.

Framus Cobra is a good choice. I don't know the price. (You have to call to get a price) But they sound very good.

Cobra is $2200 or $2300 I believe, but you can find them used pretty cheap.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Simply, it would be the Uberschall.

If you can get a Recto cheap, they're good amps for "that" sound....but that's about it. And EQ in the loop and overdrive out front can do wonders with them.

I'd say the Splawn Nitro is definitely worth a look.

And If you want a versatile amp that can go from pristine clean to metal, and sound good with all of it, the Mesa Mark IV is your ticket. IMO, best amp on the market.