i currently have a jackson rr5 equiped with EMG's81/85 . i dont like the tone of it and wondering if i can put an fender or dimarzio single coil on the neck , it has the pickup ring around it . and of course the bridge pickup will be swapped with a passive
Ummmm. What music do you play?

You could get a humbucker sized P90, but it won't sound the same.

Just buy a cheapie strat knockoff .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Get a different guitar for blues?

Save up for a new amp?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
the issue here aint about the amp . i'am just wondering if i could put a single coil on a humbucker slot , i saw paul gilbert did it with his rg750 so just wondering if it works . btw the rr model is in alder same as the fender stratocaster's
It just seems silly to change out the pickups in your guitar when the pickups added like $200 to the price of it .

You'd have to change the pots, too.

EMGs aren't really meant for solid state amps, so I'd just use it as an excuse to buy a new amp.

Quote by utsapp89
yea i know . i'am gonna do a full refinsh of the rr5 , changing all the hardware too .
Why not just buy a new guitar then?

I'm confused
Quote by utsapp89
yea by the time you buy hardware, repaint, new pickups, and controls you could have just went and bought a guitar. As for a single in the place of a humbucker you would probably need to make a ring to hold the pickup. Never seen anybody offer a ring like that. The humbucker sized p90 is an option. I put on in the bridge of my LP I really like it. It doesnt have the full brightness of a strat single coil, is about half way between a humbucker and single in tone. An alder body would make it brighter than my mahogany guitar would.
yea the rr has a pickup ring . ohh i'am not going to do a repaint . and the price i sell off the EMG's i can get new pickups no problem here in singapore .
I thought with the right amp the 85 could do blues ok...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by BirdHouse
it can do blues with the les paul tone , i perfer the twang fender tone .

so get a maple necked strat???
You arent going to get the twang out of a neck pickup as good as a bridge one. The bridge pickup on my strat is like ear peirceingly twangy
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by forsaknazrael
Sounds like you bought the wrong guitar...

Eh yea. I'd just pick up a used MIM Strat or Tele.