so i got a epi les paul standard yesterday and i figured id put some ernie balls reg slinkys on it. I got them on just fine but when i went to tune the top few strings got really tight when they got close to the right tunning and 2 of the broke, am i doing something wrong? do u gotta do something different to change strings on a les paul?
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
you need a lot of slack mate
Quote by toxicity33
When I was like 3(4?) My friend and I hatched a plan to murder the easy-chair in my living room. We ran in there tipped it over and stabbed it a bunch(with previously aquired steak knives) and left it for dead.

Are you sure you tuned them right, and not like one octave higher?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
well an octave lower and they were really loose so i dunno what the deal is. But one question when u put strings in do u pull on the string threw the tuner so its tight? cause i do that and maybe thats why there like that?
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Quote by petey gunnz
well an octave lower and they were really loose so i dunno what the deal is. But one question when u put strings in do u pull on the string threw the tuner so its tight? cause i do that and maybe thats why there like that?

That could be it, yes. Leave some slack for it to wind around the tuner. I don't see why it'd snap if you just tune it to the right note, but that could still be it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
You want about 2 loops around the tuner.
On the higher three strings that becomes a minimum, but on the low E, especially with heavier strings, more than 2 may jam up the tuner.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H