When I started playing guitar, I had the privilege to start with a Jackson PS2, unfortunately, it didn't do quite what I wanted. I've been listening to metal, death metal, heavy metal, grind core and so on for about 5 years. After the Jackson, I purchased myself a Vintage Metal Axxe Warp for £200, that's about $300 - $500 dollars, I'm not quite sure. But, the floyd Rose didn't allow me to tune it to lower than a Standard D, if I tuned it to lower, I would lose every 11th and 12th fret because of the bow in the neck. I've joined a band that requires me to play in Drop C, I fitted 12's on my guitar and raised the action on the Floyd Rose so it does the job for now. But, I've noticed that I can't get any natural harmonics or pinch harmonics. All together, I've spent about £300 on the guitar trying to get it fixed and for maintenance but I just can't waste any more money on it. I've decided that I want a guitar with these requirements:

Fast/ thin neck.

No tremlo/ Floyd Rose.

Easy to adjust tuning high or low quickly.

Four pickups/ 2 pickups and a humbucker.

Unusual shape/ Body.

Removable neck.

Will be able to handle a large gauge strings, maybe 12's or 13's.

I don't like Ibanez, Fender, Gibson, Vintage or Corts. If someone can help me then please do. My highest budget is £450 and lowest is £300. I like spiky and curvey guitars, something like a BC Rich Draco :P.
Try the ESP Explorer style guitars or look at some Schecter guitars.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
anything schecter or prs se custom or singlecuts

EDIT didnt see the removable neck bit any particular reason for this and are you sure you want four pickups? bit of a lot to ask or do you mean two humbuckers with the dual coils?
Last edited by nathhan at Nov 24, 2007,
Yes, the humbucker and dual coil. The removable neck just incase I get a bow that can't be fixed so I will have to buy a new neck. That's what happened with my Warp, it's got a bow but it's got a fixed neck so I can't buy one. I've been looking at the BC Rich Beast WMD SOB, BC Rich Draco Onyx and the ESP AX-400. They all look like really nices axe's but there's none near me and I don't want to order off the internet.
Has anyone had any experience with a BC Rich Beast and down tuning it to a C or lower?
Mahogany body, hardtail, set neck, seymour Duncan pickups, coil tapping and under £400.
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=194
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Sounds nice but it's not my kind of guitar. I like unusual body shapes and head stocks. Something like the KxK Karl Sanders custom :P. Thanks for the anyway.
Just wanted to say that I ended up buying a black Jackson JS30KV, which, I'm glad I bought as it's an amazing guitar.