Hey guys,
i play the guitar for about 2 years now, i always had a Richwood Strat, it was great for learning all chords, tricks and so on. One of the best deals in my life (200€ for the guitar itself)
now, i'm planning on going to a bit higher level of guitar, i was thinking of a Epiphone LesPaul Standard, now i've seen many different prices but i don't quite know the price i should look for, whats reasonable. I chose a Epiphone cause its cheaper than a gibson and it nearly gets to the same quality sound (?).
and also, i have an amp: Calsbro KickStart 25; should i upgrade this to a Vox (someone advised me vox) or does an epiphone LP work with Carlsbro fine as well?

Quick compilation of
couple questions:
- Price of Epiphone LP standard (not second handed)
- Carlsbro KickStart 25 fine for Epi LP or switch to a vox as someone advised me?

Peace out
Damn, comparing the sound from a Gibson to the sound of an epiphone is not only insulting but it's like comparing a cheap-ass Honda to a Porche 9-11
Seb, D.T.U.D....!~R n' Fn' R~!
Quote by mini-slash
Damn, comparing the sound from a Gibson to the sound of an epiphone is not only insulting but it's like comparing a cheap-ass Honda to a Porche 9-11

WTF don't you like hondas?
the LP standards arent a bad guitar; you can get 'em brand new for $400. there are also cheaper models such as the LP-100 for $250 if you're looking to save more.

as for the dispute between a new amp or guitar, i would say amp if you're going tube, or guitar if its just another solidstate. the reason? the amp creates most of your tone. picking up another solidstate amp wont change your tone much unless youre switchnig to a humbucket guitar -the LP.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
I don't know about the amp but the guitar is bad ass. I've seen them go for $499.00 (U.S.) but I picked one up on ebay for $300.00.
Good luck to you friend
Quote by Abadon
ok but a gibson lespaul, how much they go for?

a standard
A Standard Les Paul will set you back ~€2000
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.