Poll: Are you getting your High speed ?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you getting your High speed ?
ya
25 45%
NO
30 55%
Voters: 55.
Boo hoo.

I thought most people already knew this?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
this british tv show called 'the gadget show' are mounting a campaign about this. but i get the speed i should, yay!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
I'm supposed to have 2048kb/s, and speedtest says I have 1918. Looks fine to me.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by flambe chicken
this british tv show called 'the gadget show' are mounting a campaign about this. but i get the speed i should, yay!

Oh yeah I was wondering why this thread sounded familiar.
Supposed to have 2,048kbps to & I've got 1,958kbps.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Oh yeah I was wondering why this thread sounded familiar.

I didn't know there was a british tv show showing this problem. Yet another failed thread.
i got a really weak conenction
what about if you have a router and you have other comps usign the internet?

my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
i got a really weak conenction
what about if you have a router and you have other comps usign the internet?

Your upload speed is quite high actually, it's higher than mine.
The fact your behind a router can change the results though, even more so if it's wireless.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do

That's really good, isn't it?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
i believe i AM somehow paying for my internet connection in the dorms, something like 1€ per months and the line is friggin sweet. My harddrive cant write all the data fast enough

I can't remember if we're paying for 1.5mbit or 2mbits here at home but i get about 1.87mbits (or 240kB/s) on a good day which is good enough
so far i've hit like 3.8 megabytes/second
Last edited by seljer at Nov 24, 2007,
I know I'm not. I upgraded my service because it offered unlimited bandwidth. Then like 4 months later they decided to limit it to 100gb (Download+Upload) per month. Yes 100gb is a lot, but I'm paying 30$ more per month for it and for that price it doesn't justify it. Also last month they started limiting downloading. At times where more people are on the internet, they limit the download speed even though the service I got is supposed to be faster than regular high speed and at times I only download at like 30kb/s while usually I go at at least 250kb/s.

Thankfully they're getting sued for it, their defense is that their contract states they can change terms on the contract at anytime. It's idiotic, it's like promising someone a salary of 30$ per hour, but on their contract they state that they can change anything at anytime and a month later they decide to lower your salary at 10$ per hour for no reason. Hopefully, court will decide that they either bring back their unlimited service, or lower the price of the service.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.

thats on comcast. they say up to 8mb/s, but i dont realistically expect to get that from them.

im happy enough with the results i have.

Hm...
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

not bad
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

it depends how far away from the telephone exchange you are, and what kind of wire is used. why is it that big a deal? move nearer the telephone exchange and install fibre optic cables if it bothers you that much. the internet companies aren't lying to you; you can get up to the speed they say, depending on where you live.

there's nothing they or you can do about it, stop whinging about something stupid.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
it depends how far away from the telephone exchange you are, and what kind of wire is used. why is it that big a deal? move nearer the telephone exchange and install fibre optic cables if it bothers you that much. the internet companies aren't lying to you; you can get up to the speed they say, depending on where you live.

there's nothing they or you can do about it, stop whinging about something stupid.

They can charge you less.
And you can complain.
I am getting what I pay for and sometimes a bit more depending on the server I am connected to.

“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”

i'm supposed to get 1.5 Mb/s, not too bad
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by Ta2dPagan
I am getting what I pay for and sometimes a bit more depending on the server I am connected to.

good point actually. i'm paying for a 10mbps connection, but occasionally get up to 12mbps ^_^
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

everyone in my house works off of the same modem...

both of my parents use xp, and their pc's are insanely fast

i use vista, and my internet likes being gay (go figure)

i guess this is the price i pay for using a router compatible w/ xp on vista
Comcast cable internet for me...

Im not sure what my parents are signed up for but I do know they never sign up for the top of the line stuff........
I find any internet use here real fast so I say yes I'm getting what we paid for.
Quote by moody07747
Comcast cable internet for me...

Im not sure what my parents are signed up for but I do know they never sign up for the top of the line stuff........
I find any internet use here real fast so I say yes I'm getting what we paid for.

You sure about that?

I'm getting a 1/10th of your download speed.
yep i'm very happy with it

EDIT: i think im winning =P
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.