4 Christmas.
I'm not looking at anything very expensive, in fact im looking at kinda cheap (100-150$) range.
I'm looking at those Rogues made by Musician's Friend or a Jasmine by Takamine.
Any1 own these guitars or can give me tips on them? Here's the links:
Jasmine by Takamine
Rogue
YOU USED TO CALL MY NAME/EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY

I STILL BELIEVE IT WHEN YOU SAY/IT'S ANOTHER PERFECT DAY

The secret to creativity is to know how to hide your sources.-
Albert Einstein
If you have a cheap range you might want to check out Epiphones. They have a few for 99.00 and a couple for 150.00. They also have a beautiful black hummingbird guitar that rivals gibson's for 300. They have great selections for very cheap. Check out guitarcenter.com then type in epiphone in the search
I have a S34C Jasmine by Takamine, is great for just 99$. Good action, decent satin finish, good intonation and no fret buzz at all. I have some rough audio clips if you want to take a look: http://amlc.dmusic.com/
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I think it would be best to just go to a local store or Guitar Center and play some of the cheaper ones to see what you like. You don't get to play what is online and I personally don't trust buying things off the internet.
How about a Yamaha FG700S.
You might be able to get it slightly cheaper than its listed.
And for the extra money you get a solid top (you will regret it in a few months if you dont get a solid top, i made the mistake as a new player and i regret it ALOT, laminate tops just sound plain bad) Also its probably going to be a fair bit better quality. Ive played some of the Jasmines, and there allright in temrs of playability but they sound pretty bad. Rogues, well im in Australia so i wouldnt know, but i doubt they sound very good
^^^Spend a bit of extra money for a Yamaha, they make some of the best guitars in the lower price range.
Quote by johnos
Ive played some of the Jasmines, and there allright in temrs of playability but they sound pretty bad. Rogues, well im in Australia so i wouldnt know, but i doubt they sound very good

other than the bit about being in Australia, i agree. i've played several Jasmine guitars and they really just don't sound very good. he also mentioned the yamaha fg700. this is probably your best bet if you can save up a few more dollars. it is quite a bit more guitar for not much more money. if you can find any to play and compare you'll understand the difference immediately. if you can't save up the few extra dollars for the yamaha, i'd probably get an epiphone over a Jasmine or Rogue. they have some guitars in the same price range and i think they sound better than the Jasmines at least.
I got a Jasmine S35 when GC had a special, buy a case of strings for $99 get a free guitar. The guitar sounds very tinny when compared to a solid top (Washburn D-10S). Save up the money for the solid top.
I have a Fender steel-string acoustic 12-string. It costed about around the price you're looking for, and it get's an impressive sound. It's volume was also very capable, too. So, perhaps Fender, if you're looking for steel-string, although I don't thrive in knowledge about steel-strings.