btw ash top and mahogany bottom.
Last edited by edge11 at Nov 24, 2007,
thats a good study, i like it, there ARE differences, but they are subtle
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by dantiberian
http://www.stormriders.com/guitar/telecaster/guitar_wood.pdf read this with an open mind and you may find something interesting.

That was a good read man, nice find!
Quote by dantiberian
http://www.stormriders.com/guitar/telecaster/guitar_wood.pdf read this with an open mind and you may find something interesting.

lol i feel silly now about being rly specific about getting an alder body :P
but thats rly nifty. means i can have a lot more fun with my squier once i get my american
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
holy crap that's all you need to publish a journal paper about electric guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I always thought the veneer we use to top a guitar was so thin it didn't effect the sound/tone at all. I use veneers all the time it's about or less than a 1/16 of an inch thick, some finishes are about as thick alone. I guess if they use a thicker peice of wood such as 1/4" or more it will have more to do with the sound/tone. Then there is applying the venner I used clamps and braces guitar companies use vacume presses I am sure when usuing more pressure you get a better bond and better transfer. Great post on the guitar wood study They did something similar at MIT on several different kinds of materials (wood included) you could use to make a guitar but I can't seem to find it anymore.

John