So I'm a huge fan of marty friedman's guitar soloing. I love how he melds different scales into one solo. I've wanted to sit down and analyze some of his solos for a while, but my knowledge of "exotic scales" is very small and so a lot if it goes over my head. I feel really lazy asking this, but could someone anaylze some of his solos for me? I saw a power tab of symphony of destruction where someone took the solo bar by bar, and analyzed each scale that he used in it. That was really nice, but I'm not a big fan of that solo.
i saw a vid on youtube where he said"I usually make up scales in my head and play them."or something along those lines. ill try and find the video for you.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
well the scale he "made up" was (if i recall correctly) simply the harmonic minor scale, so..
yeah i meant he uses real scale patterns and **** but makes it up in his head. no luck on that video sorry.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
yeah i meant he uses real scale patterns and **** but makes it up in his head. no luck on that video sorry.

That was from "melodic control"
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Well, if you watch Melodic Control, I believe he's thinking about chord tones more than scales.

I may be wrong, however..
Quote by mohawkkidJohn

no you were right he did say he made up scales, but what he "made up" was simply the harmonic minor scale.
i've watched the video. that's more based on how to expand your soloing, and not so much on his style of playing.