I have a Crate amp, pretty old. I think its a G-120-C. It's got chorus and reverb but their both ****ty. I have a kind of crappy sound on the gain channel, but I have a grundge pedal and a RAT by pro-co. How can I better shape my sound. So it's not so muddy and get a good distorted tone, I have a Schecter Synyster custom, that of course has the sh- 8 custom made invaders. Thanks for the help in advance.
^ Thats for heavier stuff...

I've ordered MXR 10 band EQ...same, sort of but not the kerry king signature one. Just the regular one.

Well, it will provide more control over your tone and you will be able to shape it easier.
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
^ Thats for heavier stuff...

I've ordered MXR 10 band EQ...same, sort of but not the kerry king signature one. Just the regular one.

Well, it will provide more control over your tone and you will be able to shape it easier.

ya i looked for the normal one but it was really the only good eq and im getting that personally
I mean, the Kerry king has the dual outputs but your basically paying the price for the rack EQ. With not nearly the tonal capabilitys, I'm just saying with the effects right now, what else can I do.
I play everything from jazz- metal. I'm looking for a metal amp, and one I can gig with. Not a five watt piece of ****.
+1 to the EQ. I love my Boss GE-7. I've also heard good things about the MXR 10-band and the Danelectro Fish 'N Chips. Actually, it doesn't seem to me like you can go wrong with any EQ.

Ditch the Grunge. My friend has one, it's gonna mud up your tone. Pro Co RAT is awesome from what I've heard. Don't turn up the distortion too too high. If you want a smooth tone with clarity, you're gonna wanna have the bass and treble turned up, and the mids low. These are my settings, which should work for what you're looking for:

Rhythm:
Gain/Drive/whatever you'd call it: 5-5 1/2
Bass: 8-9
Mid: 3
Treble: 5-7

Lead
Gain: 6-6 1/2
Bass: 7
Mid: 4
Treble: 7

Add a touch of reverb to both if you'd like.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Nov 24, 2007,
Quote by korn klown 14
and one I can gig with. Not a five watt piece of ****.

haha
Please get a clue, just because an amp is 5 watts (valve watts at that) doesn't mean it's not good- if your mic'd up (which you should be at gigs) it would cope.

Anyway, EQ pedal unless you're looking to change your amp.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia