I was tuning to DADAAD and I broke the high E string when tuning down.. how gay is that??? lmao I'm amazed AND pissed right now.
did you know that most strings break while tunin down, thought i share that with the class
Quote by THE PIT
OMG ZEROHERO UR THE MOST AWESOMEST DUDE EVER

InfeRno" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club

Gear:
sucky squire
Kramer
Dean ML
gnx3 pedal
sucky fender squire amp

:stickpoke
how old were the strings? because i was tuning my cousins guitar down and the strings were all rusty and one broke
Have:
Dean DOF w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Pickup Set
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50w Head
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
Quote by GITARdud391
why is that? You would think that most of the time strings would break when tuning up...

Because of the muslim nazi immigrant terrorists with Aids who support abortion and tell lies about the death of JFK.

Damn it, don't you watch the news?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
so should I replace them all, or just replace the broken one?

and are 9 guage strings thicker or thinner than 10s? Also, are D'addarios better than ernie ball super slinkies?
It happens all the time that strings break when you tune down. Normally it happens to me if I'm tuning down to C on my acoustic.

And who knows. Maybe the TS is an idiot and was just turning the knob the wrong way.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by TheBurningFish
Because of the muslim nazi immigrant terrorists with Aids who support abortion and tell lies about the death of JFK.

Damn it, don't you watch the news?

No,I don't watch the news. I really should start though, lol.
Quote by Grimpenguin
so should I replace them all, or just replace the broken one?

and are 9 guage strings thicker or thinner than 10s? Also, are D'addarios better than ernie ball super slinkies?

A new set of Ernie Ball strings. Don't just change ONE string, if you break one, the other strings will break too soon. 9's are THINNER than 10's. I recommend 10's or more due to tuning stability and TONE. I use EB 11's and they sounds great, way greater than 9's.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?