So lately I've gotten into Hendrix style blues solos and I have to admit I think I'm in love. However I think I've pretty much exhausted all the blues scales I've managed to find. Anyone out there know some new and different blues scales or a site where I could find them?
There's only one blues scale. Anything with the intervals 1 b3 4 b5 5 7 is a blues scale.

You can, however, play it all over the neck. You definately have NOT exhausted it.
dont get limited to the blues scale i did and now its taking alot to get a non-bluesy feel as much as i like it its not meant for everything
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
Not an answer to your question, but what blues scales are there other than the Blues scale and the Minor pentonic?
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

try the minor pentatonic, srv used it and even hendrix dabbled in it
Quote by THE PIT
OMG ZEROHERO UR THE MOST AWESOMEST DUDE EVER

InfeRno" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club

Gear:
sucky squire
Kramer
Dean ML
gnx3 pedal
sucky fender squire amp

:stickpoke
Ah thanks to everyone who replied, it's a big help. Okay so there is only one "blues scale" where I got confused was a year ago in jazz band our director taught us several variations for use in improv and such. Much thanks :-)
okay
dont let anyone else tell you otherwise
that is the ONLY base that there is on solos besides the pentatonic
without these there would be NO SUCH thing as a solo
every riff, lick, there is is based on a blues or pentatonic scale
simple as that
Quote by bangoodcharlote
There's only one blues scale. Anything with the intervals 1 b3 4 b5 5 7 is a blues scale.

You can, however, play it all over the neck. You definately have NOT exhausted it.

You can play it all over the neck. I wrote out "modes" to the blues scale and there are some interesting sounding shapes.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Or, take two blues scales, rooted on the 6th and b7th of a dominant chord - switch back and forth between them: The one on the 6th is mostly inside, while the one on the b7th contains lots of fun altered tones.
Considering the key your piece is in, play your blues scale as if it was the major, and not the relative minor, then, ontop of the blues scale add the chord tones of the chords your playing, and try and finish bars on these stronger melody notes. i find it sounds really good. a nice dark edge to it