I have the choice between the peavey xxx 40 watt combo and the 60 watt combo, both 1 x 12 . the 60 watt combo is 20 bucks more, i dont gig but do you think it would be worth the extra cash for 20 extra watts? how much louder would this make it?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
i think yes only beucase i always find when you buy a amp you should always buy more then you need but only just a little bit more and this is a really good example beucase you never know when you ill need it and i think the XXX is all tube which means 60 watts is ****ing loud beucase you times that around 3 :O
The 60watt would have to be louder to get the tubes really pushed though. So, if you don't really gig, I'd say just get the 40.
Quote by codynw42
i am stupid enuff to do it becuz i just did. i feel nothing, there is no high and im not dizzy or anything... its just nasty.

Ryu Hayabusa of the UG Society of Ninjas
if you dont gig a 60 watt tube is a waste, id look for a 30 watt
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
well i guess the 40 watt is already sold, so would the 60 still be suitable for home playing? i've heard peaveys sound good at low volumes
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
60W tube would kill you at home on, say, 4. If you don't gig (and even if you do) you won't need more than 30W.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
How important are cleans at gigging volumes to you? Because really, there's not going to be a great deal of difference in overall volume between the 40W and 60W models, the difference will be in clean headroom.

I'm a proponent of getting an amp that's the right size. If you don't get out much, 60W is huge. If you want the sound of power tube OD, 60W is way too big. I don't get to push my 30W amps into power tube distortion without pissing off someone. Just something to consider. I had a 60W 1x12 for a while, but I decided I didn't need that much power.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
60 watts of pure tube when you're just playing at home is too much. I'd say get the 40 watt or something even less.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
NOT all people like power tube distortion though.
It depends on how clean you want your cleans to be (at gigging volumes, probably won't make much of a difference in bedroom).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Less Watts, better.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto