Page 1 of 2
so fucking amazing? seriously, answer me that.

EDIT: dont link me to the fucking metal forum. they wont tell me why its amazing.
Last edited by guitar is cool5 at Nov 24, 2007,
It just is.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

cuz the gods of rock gave us humans the gift of metal to fight Hip Hop and all that sucks
Quote by C O B H C
I do believe so. I think heard it on TV once upon a time.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck was I watching on TV that had to do with ass hair?

Quote by sum_ugly_man

ndogg, is actually a kitty

Quote by jeff541
thanks ndogg.

/thread.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I applaud thee.
.... not all of it is....

But the metal that is, just because it can be.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i wrote this a while ago for a college essay. the part about music fits the best but it all ties in.

Attribution theory is an interesting concept which I stumbled upon in a psychology textbook. It states that we take cues from our own physiological being (i.e. heartbeat, breathing rate, persperation, muscle tenseness, position, etc.) to form our emotions. To give you a sense of how this works, think of it this way: when your heart is beating faster or you're breathing harder, attribution theory dictates that you will experience more intense emotions. Evidently, this is true: many psychologists have studied it, and their findings have been that people do indeed experience more intense emotions when their bodies appear aroused. now get this: this occurred even when the cues were artifically induced.

Seriously. When an artificial heartbeat and breathing track was played, psychologist Valins found he could actually manipulate, to some extent, the arousal of men who were listening to it. when the heartbeat and breathing got louder and faster, they subliminally decided that the particular thing that they happened to be looking at at the time was more exciting than the others.

Now think of music: why is your favorite song your favorite song? You might say "it has a good beat". Aha, could that beat be driving the attribution? Could it be mimicing your heartbeat? The pound of the bass drum could be it. does the rhythym change? think about it.

Now, you might be saying that "that's ridiculous, my brain knows what my heart and lungs are doing". But that's where you're wrong: the part of the brain that controls emotions, etc. is completely separate from the vital control section, AKA the cerebellum. In fact, even if the emotion control did know what the heart and lungs were doing, the hearing of the heartbeat would override it. just another weird thing.

alternatively, your own heartbeat can do the same thing. when your heart is beating overly fast, such as through physical exertion, or something like that, you are likely to experience emotions a little more intensely. when you're afraid, or shaken up, and someone gives you a hug as comfort, you may give more kudos for that than you normally might have or thought you would have. This happens without you even realizing it: because it's hard-wired into your brain. The reason that this came about through evolution is unclear, but it probably has something to do with empathy or being able to sense the things going on around us.

Think about it.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
if you want the answer to this question
you must be willing to visit youtube and enter this search term

Tenacious D - The Metal VGA
Metal really isn't much better than any other genre of music. I'm the kind of guy that changes his house clothes everyday, but wears the same shirt outdoors. I don't know why I do that, I just like wearing fresh clothes whenever I get out of the shower. Last week I wore the same T-Shirt and Cargo Pants to school. It looks like horrible hygiene but not to me, my clothes still smelled nice even after that many uses. My jacket however is another story. I just have the worst luck with them. I think I'm gonna go buy some febreeze to freshen it up a bit.
Quote by guitar is cool5
so fucking amazing? seriously, answer me that.

EDIT: dont link me to the fucking metal forum. they wont tell me why its amazing.

I bet youre the kind of person who would threaten to kill me if i say that Dimebag sucks.
Quote by Metal claw
Metal really isn't much better than any other genre of music. I'm the kind of guy that changes his house clothes everyday, but wears the same shirt outdoors. I don't know why I do that, I just like wearing fresh clothes whenever I get out of the shower. Last week I wore the same T-Shirt and Cargo Pants to school. It looks like horrible hygiene but not to me, my clothes still smelled nice even after that many uses. My jacket however is another story. I just have the worst luck with them. I think I'm gonna go buy some febreeze to freshen it up a bit.

what does that have to do with anything?
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
I bet youre the kind of person who would threaten to kill me if i say that Dimebag sucks.

nah, hes kind of overrated.
progressive metal ftw
Stfu. Stop spamming
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Metal is so amazing because it the best type of music to rock out to, head bang, mosh, etc. You know what I mean, its just fun. can't really do that to most other genres.
uhhhh, yea
Quote by guitar is cool5
what does that have to do with anything?

Everything.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by guitar is cool5
go listen to circa survive you faggot.

lol ok someones rattled calm down dude
Good metal is still out there. With 90% of popular metal sounding very much like the rest of the bands around, however, it tends to get bland and hard to listen to for me. The Black Dahlia Murder has a good grasp of how to write a good metal song, IMO, but most bands today don't.

And TS, I absolutely despise your Circa Survive comment. They have more talent than so many metal bands out there. Anthony Green = win.
Nikolas
Eh... To me, each genre has things I like and dislike. Metal is actually my least favorite genre. I'll admit it's more complex than many genres I listen to, but I still hate it. I've always found it odd that it's a genre that has been defined from a dynamic of music, rather than colour, innovation or atmosphere.

One thing I don't like about it is that (judging from what I've heard) it's fairly unoriginal. It's Rock music with increased dynamic, speed, etc. Neoclassical Metal (from what I've heard) just takes the most recognizable and popular styling of certain classical composers, and amplifies the intensity, dynamic and/or speed.

That's from what I've heard. I've always found it annoying. Especially neoclassical Metal. I hate the music of Yngwie Malmsteen and what I've heard of Jason Becker. But I will admit Metal generally is more complex than other genres I listen to.
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
Good metal is still out there. With 90% of popular metal sounding very much like the rest of the bands around, however, it tends to get bland and hard to listen to for me. The Black Dahlia Murder has a good grasp of how to write a good metal song, IMO, but most bands today don't.

And TS, I absolutely despise your Circa Survive comment. They have more talent than so many metal bands out there. Anthony Green = win.

nahh i was kidding. stop the fuckin' car ftw. and the black dahlia murder is amazing.
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN

+ 1000 Circa Survive owns and all metal sounds the same ooo how do you like that one ahahaha
Quote by The Madcap
Eh... To me, each genre has things I like and dislike. Metal is actually my least favorite genre. I'll admit it's more complex than many genres I listen to, but I still hate it. I've always found it odd that it's a genre that has been defined from a dynamic of music, rather than colour, innovation or atmosphere.

One thing I don't like about it is that (judging from what I've heard) it's fairly unoriginal. It's Rock music with increased dynamic, speed, etc. Neoclassical Metal (from what I've heard) just takes the most recognizable and popular styling of certain classical composers, and amplifies the intensity, dynamic and/or speed.

That's from what I've heard. I've always found it annoying. Especially neoclassical Metal. I hate the music of Yngwie Malmsteen and what I've heard of Jason Becker. But I will admit Metal generally is more complex than other genres I listen to.

Phail.
It's not amazing.

It's what YOU want it to be.

It's there for your enjoyment, some like it, some don't.

Music isn't there to argue over.
Close This Thread.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by guitar is cool5
Phail.

No you "Phail". Madcap rules, you don't
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by The Madcap

I Disagree.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by guitar is cool5

circa survive isn't metal, close to it, related to, or near anything heavy at all. they are very much pop imo. they sound like paramore, if paramore had a guy singer.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Quote by guitar is cool5

Wow. I don't like you already. And that says a lot, because I like most everyone on here, but you've got yourself a bad start.

How about trying to be more open to other people's views, and not instantly jumping on people when they dislike the things you love.

And I'm not saying because I'm trying to support the other guy's idea, because I love me some good metal, I'm just trying to tell you to stop being such a dick.

Cheerio.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by The Madcap

I must disagree with you, Metal Music has a lot of Differences including the Fact that they Loaded down the Bottom end with Lots of Bass. This is somewhat similiar to what Valkner(dont know spelling) did as a composer when he added more Tubas and an Octa-Bass. It also really represents Masculinity and Freedom, one of the last places where we can just Jump around and Do stupid Stuff with our buddies. its really a boys club, and you could call that Sexist but youd be missing the Point. Metal is all about Power. its something you cant get from Country, Classical, Pop or most other Genres. i dont think its All About the Dynamics because a lot of metal bands have really taken some Great theory into acount and the Riffs and Songs are as well thought out as any Classical Piece ive heard. i guess its just in how you look at it though. (and i know i got a lot of that stuff from a Documetary) Peace madcap.
Quote by Tubyboulin
I must disagree with you, Metal Music has a lot of Differences including the Fact that they Loaded down the Bottom end with Lots of Bass. This is somewhat similiar to what Valkner(dont know spelling) did as a composer when he added more Tubas and an Octa-Bass. It also really represents Masculinity and Freedom, one of the last places where we can just Jump around and Do stupid Stuff with our buddies. its really a boys club, and you could call that Sexist but youd be missing the Point. Metal is all about Power. its something you cant get from Country, Classical, Pop or most other Genres. i dont think its All About the Dynamics because a lot of metal bands have really taken some Great theory into acount and the Riffs and Songs are as well thought out as any Classical Piece ive heard. i guess its just in how you look at it though. (and i know i got a lot of that stuff from a Documetary) Peace madcap.

"Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" isn't really the best resource for learning about metal.

It's good if you want to learn some basics and whatnot, but I wouldn't use that as a base for all of your views.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just saying there's a lot more out there in metal, and a lot more ideas that it just being a "boys club" and not being able to get the same rush from other types of music.

Anyone who love music as a whole can tell you there is power and freedom in all kinds of music.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Tubyboulin
I must disagree with you, Metal Music has a lot of Differences including the Fact that they Loaded down the Bottom end with Lots of Bass. This is somewhat similiar to what Valkner(dont know spelling) did as a composer when he added more Tubas and an Octa-Bass.
Okay...
Quote by Tubyboulin
It also really represents Masculinity and Freedom, one of the last places where we can just Jump around and Do stupid Stuff with our buddies. its really a boys club, and you could call that Sexist but youd be missing the Point.
Okay...
Quote by Tubyboulin
Metal is all about Power.
That's what I meant when I said it's defined to a dynamic.
Quote by Tubyboulin
its something you cant get from Country, Classical, Pop or most other Genres.
Classical music does not have power? I won't bore you with examples, but I could find a free piece of sheet music with the fff dynamic in less than a minute. Have you never listened to an Organ? Have you never heard a rasgeudo? Clearly you did not know at all what you were talking about when you said that. You clearly are ignorant towards Classical Music, and I suggest you never bring it up in any conversation again until you at least have the slightest knowledge that I could find in a middle school student.
Quote by Tubyboulin
i dont think its All About the Dynamics because a lot of metal bands have really taken some Great theory into acount and the Riffs and Songs are as well thought out as any Classical Piece ive heard
You did say it's all about Power. And I've already covered the fact that your knowledge of Classical music is pitiful.
Quote by fallenangel20
"Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" isn't really the best resource for learning about metal.

It's good if you want to learn some basics and whatnot, but I wouldn't use that as a base for all of your views.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just saying there's a lot more out there in metal, and a lot more ideas that it just being a "boys club" and not being able to get the same rush from other types of music.

Anyone who love music as a whole can tell you there is power and freedom in all kinds of music.

I try to be as open minded about music as possible but I just feel I get more "power and freedom" from Metal generally. And, no, not because of the speed and the loud dynamics of it like Madcap implied.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
I try to be as open minded about music as possible but I just feel I get more "power and freedom" from Metal generally. And, no, not because of the speed and the loud dynamics of it like Madcap implied.

I wasn't trying to say that you shouldn't feel the most power from metal, I'm just saying that metal isn't the only genre as a whole, for everyone, that gives you that feeling.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by guitar is cool5

Circa Survive is metal? Since when?

Wait.. is R.E.M. metal, too?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Page 1 of 2