Im looking for a new humbucker pickup and theres two choices Normal of F Spacing
umm...whats the difference? Or what does it do?
f spacing has to do with string spacing.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
^ It doesn't matter if you use the trem or not. The strings are spaced farther apart on a Fender. F-spacing puts the pole-pieces more directly under each string.

It's not all that big of a deal, though.
Get the F-spacing for a slight improvement, if it's available in the pickup you want.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Actually, Cord (a noted pickup maker on the boards) says that f-spaced is bad, as it makes the coils longer, which negatively affects tone.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
Actually, Cord (a noted pickup maker on the boards) says that f-spaced is bad, as it makes the coils longer, which negatively affects tone.

just out of curiosity, wouldn't that make a 7 string pickup sound worse than a 6 string one? and wouldn't that be compunded by having an F-spaced 7 string pickup?
and how would it apply to rail pups
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Well I'd imagine that a 7-string pick-up's coils would be wound up with enough tension for it equivalent to that of a 6-string.
Last edited by Wakisazhi at Nov 25, 2007,
Quote by Wakisazhi
Well I'd imagined a 7-string pick-up's coils would be wound up with enough tension for it equivalent to that of a 6-string.

Well, wouldn't it be possible to therefore wind a 6 string f-spaced pickup with the same tension?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Yeah, but you're not gonna find a mass-manufacturer that does.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
Yeah, but you're not gonna find a mass-manufacturer that does.

True that

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by tubab0y

I forgot to mention that, he says its the longer bobbin that is the problem. With 7 string pickups theres no other way around it, so it won't sound like a 7-string version on a classic PAF. As for railpickups, well theres no isssues with strings spacing at all since its a "rail" shaped magnet not poleieces.