Ok so i started practicing bass like 2 months ago, and i wanted to know if my gear was good at all
Bass:
Ibanez GSR 200

Amp:
Crate BT 15
As far as beginner stuff that bass is decent. At least it's not a Squier. The amp however, is not. Just no.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
You have the quintessential beginner bass and the size and power of a quintessential beginner bass amp.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
best beginner bass you could buy

best size amp you could buy, i personally don't like crate very much, but hey at least it ain't behringer, i'll say you've got a pretty good set up
it's begginner stuff, if you've been playing for 2 months you can't expect to have/deserve a nice fender or a big amp
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool
it's begginner stuff, if you've been playing for 2 months you can't expect to have/deserve a nice fender or a big amp

woah, calm down

he never said he expected or deserved anything, he just wanted to know if he got good equipment or if he picked up crap, everyone was nice until you got here and ruined the party
Quote by OThugSd
As far as beginner stuff that bass is decent. At least it's not a Squier. The amp however, is not. Just no.

What exactly is wrong with squire? They make some of the best starter basses around. The affinity and standard series can be a bit hit or miss (but you should always try them out yourself anyway before you buy) but the VM series of often compared to MIM Fenders, and can go either way on the better one.

If you'd of made a remark about Epiphone however, you'd actually have a point

And yes TS, you've got some pretty good starter gear. Ibanez and Crate are both solid and reliable brands, and you've got a nice setup for practising.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
What exactly is wrong with squire? They make some of the best starter basses around. The affinity and standard series can be a bit hit or miss (but you should always try them out yourself anyway before you buy) but the VM series of often compared to MIM Fenders, and can go either way on the better one.

+1
what do you care if it's good by our standards? if you like it then that's all that should matter
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
For beginner gear, it's pretty good. In the big wide world of bass gear it is not so much so but that, I personally think, is a good thing. If you have a mediocre starter bass and little 15 watt practice amp/"4000 watt" Behringer that you can get for around £200, after a while you'll realise your gear isn't so good and it gives you the incentive to push harder with your playing so that you deserve the higher end gear.

That's how I found it worked with me anyway.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
What's the point of this thread? It's a bass and an amp, and therefore better than no bass and no amp.
For just to start thats more than ok, you should always think of what you want next though. Maybe another amp next?
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Zar938
woah, calm down

he never said he expected or deserved anything, he just wanted to know if he got good equipment or if he picked up crap, everyone was nice until you got here and ruined the party

sorry i didn't mean to be mean at all i was saying that the gear is adequate begginner stuff and it's good for a begginner, i didn't mean to be negative but it sounds negative now when i read it over.

my mistake
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
never heard about that sort of amp so...but the bass is quite good!!!very pretty too but i know looks don't mean much!!!
For a bass, its a good beginner and will serve you well. The amp is an above average practice amp, but once you get a bit more serious and want to gig, I would look at getting a bit more amp to go forward with.

The thing to remember, and that you will hear many, many times on this forum is that when you want to improve your sound, upgrade your amp first. average bass + great amp = improved sound. The opposite is rarely true.
I like Crate.I have a bt25 and i dont plan on selling it anytime soon.
Thumbs up!
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
ok, so i got pretty descent stuff...
could someone point me to a some easy songs...

I already know:
Money - Pink Floyd
Calm like a bomb - Ratm
Hold the line -Toto
Bulls on Parade - Ratm
and the Seinfeld Theme
thar bass is really awesome for its price
the amp i am no really sure what to thing but i guess is okay for a beginner
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
It's pretty good as far as the bass goes, its pretty diverse
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by gm jack

If you'd of made a remark about Epiphone however, you'd actually have a point

And yes TS, you've got some pretty good starter gear. Ibanez and Crate are both solid and reliable brands, and you've got a nice setup for practising.

Excellent points made, the Squire owns other repos like Stagg, Vintage and Chester......I still play my Squire, its all in the fingers
For songs you can try Blink stuff if you want.
Maybe some Cure.
RHCP if you feel your up to it.
And try some theme songs.
And for practice finger streching you can play 1234's song whoo hoo? That vonage commercial
**chimes in before some1 else says it**

"your gear will only sound as good as you make it."

yaaaa....something like that.

but in all seriousness, ibanez is a good start out bass. i personally didnt start out with 1. i went the fender p-bass route (probably cuz i didnt do much research and ask around other than hearing about fender) but my friend has an ibanez and its great and easy to move around. good sound too.
cant say much about the amp but i know that my amp was good for about 2 months. then as i turned up the volume the sound got more and more HORRIBLE. it got to the point where i put it to like 10 or 11 o clock (15 watt amp. not that loud) and my open notes would sound like a deep fart sometimes. but hey. its good to start out and figure out what way u wanna go with bass, or even if u wanna stick with bass.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BASS AND THE BASS FORUM. people here are very helpful so don't be afraid to ask. someone on here HAS to have gone through what you need help with.

Last edited by Crazy Horse at Nov 26, 2007,
I'm still killing my first 15w guitar amp with bass practise. Hopefully Boxing Day I can snag a BA115 for cheep.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2