Im looking for a strat pickup with a bass of 7 and mids of 4 and treble of 8. Or a single coil pickup thats sounds like a alnico pro 2 humbucker (slash pickup)..

-thx.
single coils don't sound like humbuckers. they're more like...

bass of 3, mids of 0.5, and treble of 4.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Welcome back EC we've met before... would it be best to have alnico pro 2's in the bridge and neck and let the dimarzio chopper be in the middle??? or would it be best to have have chopper in bridge and then alnico in the middle and neck.. becuz im trying to decide if i should get alnico pro's for christmas.
well first off. i want a good distortion from my dimarzio chopper but i still want alnico pro 2's and that slash tone but im not for sure if the alnico pro 2 in the bridge will have good sounding distortion like the dimarzio chopper in the bridge. and im wondering what does bass and mids and treble mean for pickups like the chopper has a bass of 6 and mids of 6 and treble of 7 what does that mean???.....
Quote by life_777
well first off. i want a good distortion from my dimarzio chopper but i still want alnico pro 2's and that slash tone but im not for sure if the alnico pro 2 in the bridge will have good sounding distortion like the dimarzio chopper in the bridge. and im wondering what does bass and mids and treble mean for pickups like the chopper has a bass of 6 and mids of 6 and treble of 7 what does that mean???.....

that means that it puts out more of one thing than the other.

for instance...
I think 4 is pretty neutral, where as 7 or 8 is kinda boosted. Its just kinda the pickups voicing (probably not the proper term)
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
that means that it puts out more of one thing than the other.

for instance...
I think 4 is pretty neutral, where as 7 or 8 is kinda boosted. Its just kinda the pickups voicing (probably not the proper term)

Thx for answering that question now i just don't know what setup to do. what do you guys think of which setup i should do dimarzio in bridge,alnico pro 2 in neck and middle.. or Dimarzio in middle and alnico pro 2 in neck and bridge....*Pretty hard to find pickguard of humbuckers in middle and neck while single coil in the bridge*

gotta go buy new pickguard for final selection...so plz. help me choice.
Quote by life_777
Thx for answering that question now i just don't know what setup to do. what do you guys think of which setup i should do dimarzio in bridge,alnico pro 2 in neck and middle.. or Dimarzio in middle and alnico pro 2 in neck and bridge....*Pretty hard to find pickguard of humbuckers in middle and neck while single coil in the bridge*

gotta go buy new pickguard for final selection...so plz. help me choice.

what kinda music do you listen to? and is your guitar routed for HSH?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
There's absolutely no reason to even consider putting an Alnico Pro 2 in the middle - for starters nobody else will have done it so there's no point in doing it if you have a particular sound in mind.

I'd think twice about putting one anywhere else too because it won't sound anything like what you're expecting. An Alnico Pro 2, in a mahogany Les Paul type guitar, through a cranked tube amp, will get close to the Slash tone....stick it in a Strat and it won't get anywhere close.

If you can go H-S-H then the best thing you can probably do is stich a pair of Breeds in it with a Fast track or FS1 in between, however the most important question is.....

What AMP do you have?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 25, 2007,
The amp i have is an all tube amp crate vintage club 20. and i listen to.. classic rock and mostley big hair 80's bands and stuff. so should i get hsh instead then.
Either HSS or HSH , I'd personally still go with a pair of Breeds given what you want, or maybe a Norton in the bridge instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com