I use one.

I don't really know what to think of it. It gives a pretty good tone, and how easy it is to record is great.

The downsides is that it's got a bit too much gain, quite fizzly if you let it. Makes it very easy to play and the next thing you know you're a sloppy player. I haven't quite found a solution to this problem either; when I go to record I hear a ton of static in the headphones but it records as if the static never happened. It makes recording a pain in the ass but not everyone has this problem.

I would recommend guitarport; it's better suited for guitar. You can play bass through it, if you want to sing through it just get a 1/4 - Female adaptor, they're about $15.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I have a UX2 and it's very easy to use.

The amp models are pretty decent (not nearly as responsive as a nice tube amp) and you get lots of bells and whistles.

What will you be recording?

If it's just guitar, the UX1 is a good choice because you can later on use the mic input to mic up your amp.

The UX2 is good for recording vocals and acoustics because it provides phantom power.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I use a UX2 for recording, it's decent for the price. The amp modeling is ok, but not great (but then again I believe that modeling can never become great). Click the in my sig to hear some tracks I have recorded with it (the mediocre quality is my fault as much as the UX2's ). However, I'm buying a microphone today, and I plan to start recording with my amp instead, using the UX2 as a preamp.

But anyway, I recommend the Tone Port for basic home recording, and it's good for practicing at low volumes too.
i have one, use the ux1 for recording. i don't use the amp model, but i have preamp settings that i use to mic my guitar/amp/vocals. its okay. still colors my tone.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard