I own a line 6 spider amp, and i only use the clean channel because i cant stand the others. i like to play blues and blues/rock, so i use a boss overdrive pedal for gain. I was wondering if I would be able to combine that pedal with another overdrive pedal for a boost when i play solos. Would it sound good or would it sound crappy?
Quote by guns_rosesldb
I own a line 6 spider amp, and i only use the clean channel because i cant stand the others. i like to play blues and blues/rock, so i use a boss overdrive pedal for gain. I was wondering if I would be able to combine that pedal with another overdrive pedal for a boost when i play solos. Would it sound good or would it sound crappy?

you would get feedback

get an equilizer pedal
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

^No.

SRV, for example, used two 808's into his Twin or Super or whatever it was. There are a lot of good tones to be had cascading OD's into each other, but try the parings out before you buy anything.

Oh, and just so it's said, "save for a new amp", but I'm sure you're on that already.
[quote="the.spine.surfs
Oh, and just so it's said, "save for a new amp", but I'm sure you're on that already.[/QUOTE"]

Yeah
For a spider, I think i found a decent tone for it, but i'm saving up for a fender blues reissue. It'll be a while though.
Moddelling amps (in particular, the spider) don't take well to pedals other than EQ's, which isn't what you're looking for.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You can definitely get some cool sounds from multiple overdrives/boost pedals like right now i have my bad monkey boosting my metal muff and then my eq at the end for some really fat/heavy sounding stuff.