Page 1 of 3
Here it is again! The time to celebrate the joyous time when we all get expensive prese... I mean the birth of Jesus.

Don't know about you, but I'm gonna email Santa my bass wishlist this year. http://www.emailsanta.com/

Firmly on it is the following:

Darryl Jones 4 in Lake Placid Blue with rosewood fretboard
Dual Dark Star pickups
EBS Neo 112

What's on yours?
i was looking at a flying V ukelele for abit of fun but i think i'll just save up cash for some big spikey axe!
HAHA!!! I got this in reply to that Santa website.

#1, Rudolph Way
Reindeerland, North Pole
SAN TA1

London,
United Kingdom

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dear Froilan,

Thank you for sending me your email all the way from London! HO!! Ho!! ho!! Did you know there are lots of elves in London? I hear they like visiting London because there's a special boy by the name of Froilan that lives there! (*wink*).

Well tickle my whiskers, Froilan, you're getting to be quite a big boy! Wow, 21 years old already! Pretty soon you'll be too big to sit on Santa's knee! Well, even though you're getting a little older Froilan, Santa's glad to see you still have the Christmas Spirit. I also hear you've been a sorta good boy. (Of course, you won't mind if I do a little checking, will you? HO!! Ho!! ho!!).

Let's see what you put in your letter for Christmas wishes: 1. lakland darryl jones 4, lake placid blue, rosewood; 2. dual dark star pickups and; 3. pony. What wonderful presents! I really wish the elves could make enough presents for everyone because I know they are always a little sad if they can't. I hope you won't be sad Froilan if I can't bring you everything you want because everyone here really wants you to have a very Merry Christmas!

Well, I better go feed the reindeer and polish Rudolph's nose with nose wax. Have to make sure everything's ready for the big day! Take care Froilan and don't forget to come back and visit me here at EmailSanta.com on Christmas Eve!! And remember... only 30 more sleeps until Christmas!!

All My Love,

Last edited by shut_up_you_*** at Nov 25, 2007,
I'm gonna email him mine, it's:

EB Stingray HH 5-string,
Boss DD-6,
Ashdown Mag 300 head + 4x10 cab (I'll count that as one )

EDIT: The elves have disabled right clicking and copying so I can't share my reply with you guys
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Last edited by sammcl-15 at Nov 25, 2007,
Quote by CrazehSteve

''roodwood''

Oh dear... especially as it concerns an old man bouncing kids upon his knees.
hmm.

i'm not getting it for christmas because my parents don't spend much as we have too big a family to be able to afford anything like this:

I'm recently getting into fretless bass... so i think i just want the money for christmas, so i can get myself one. lol.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
hmm.

i'm not getting it for christmas because my parents don't spend much as we have too big a family to be able to afford anything like this:

I'm recently getting into fretless bass... so i think i just want the money for christmas, so i can get myself one. lol.

Santa will give it to you, not your parents! And santa can afford it! So just be good and santa might give it to you!!
I was thinking of making a thread like this, but you beat me to it dude

For christmas -

1. Fender Geddy Lee jazz bass

2. Gibson SG faded

3.G-K Half stack

4. Fender Deluxe

If only i can sell my motorbike.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
What I want or what I actually think I'll receive?
What I want:
-BBE Sonic Stomp
-Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Pickups 5
-Kace Polyfoam Bass Case
-Jaco Modern Electric Bass
-Rocco Prestia Finger Funk
-Rotosound Swing 66
-Boss PSA 9v AC/DC adaptor
-Fretboard Alchemy
-I guess I can throw in: The Jazz Theory Book.

What I honestly think I'll get, EITHER:
-Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Pickups
-Rotosound Swing Bass 66
-MAYBE one of the books or dvds

OR

-Rotosound Swing 66
-DVD
-Fretoard Alchemy
-Boss PSA adaptor
-BBE Sonic Stomp OR Kace case
I doubt I'll get anything much for Christmas (the price you pay for moving out of your parents house) but I want a new cabinet and need to replace one of the speakers on my Ashdown. I might get myself a Fender Aerodyne Classic P or a Deluxe Active P and if I'm feeling rich I might even get a flying V as well. Oh, and a Korg of some description, probably a MicroKorg because I'll be broke by then!
Well, I kinda of got part of my Christmas present with the Stingray FL, but I have asked for...

--Digitech Digidelay pedal
--The Real Book Bass Clef Edition (to replace the one that got nicked)
--"What Duck Dunn?" and "Standing in the Shadows of Motown"
--A decent tuner / metronome
The only thing currently on my list is an SWR Goliath III (4ohm). But since my girlfriend doesn't have that kind of money, and my family refuses to buy me anything bass related (don't think I should be playing music "anymore" bull****). I don't think I'll be getting it.

However if this was an actual GAS list, I could go on for days.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I am getting a:

-Fender Jazz Bass

That's it. I made a thread about it a while back!

Which one did you opt for actually?
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
I'm at an impass here, I don't know what to ask for:

1. BBE comp and a tuner or bass effect.

2. Some Build your own clone kits/ badass II bridge

3. MIM strat (blue or arctic white with rosewood)

I know If I get the strat (and I'm long overdue for a passable guitar to record myself with) I'll end up spending too much money upgrading it over the next year... but that's what I enjoy.

I'm afraid to ask for better rack gear/effects before I get a nice new amp, which is out of the christmas question/budget.

and the fumes from soldering electronics kits like BYOC are slowly destroying my mind, likely turning me into a crazed, psychopathic, gear-using killer.... well maybe not but it would make a good nerdy horror movie.
I'm Jewish, but what I want to get is an amp, any kind, I don't care, I'm sick of plugging into my pc.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Wow. Though christmas lists are almost a subtle as my GAS list (looks at sig).

I'm hoping for either a Fulltone Bass Drive, Morley Dual Bass Wah or Q-tron plus (no chance in hell of more than one of them )

And Gal, how the hell are your computer speakers still working ?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by BassistGal
I'm Jewish, but what I want to get is an amp, any kind, I don't care, I'm sick of plugging into my pc.

Surely with all that money you make in my chemical romance you could buy an amp!
Quote by sammcl-15
Which one did you opt for actually?

The beige used one that was $330.
The.
-A set of Fender SCN jazz 5 string pups
-A pack of flatwounds for my 5'er
-An EBS valvedrive

all of this to hopefully play throguh my new amp, which will most likely be an ashdown mag 300 410
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
I want a BBE Maxcom and a Monster cable. I'm buying a cabinet myself. I'll probably get a Fulltone Bass Drive along the line, either that or the Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Drive.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Santa and me are tight (since Santa is Canadian... red and white... H0H 0H0 is a postal code... coincidence!?! So what if it is!?!) so I know I'm getting my $270 20-year old Carvin 900W stereo head with built in noise gate...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by kaptink
Surely with all that money you make in my chemical romance you could buy an amp!

Damn record company ripping us off =\.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
i'm getting:

Ashdown MAG300 210 combo
Joe satriani live in San Francisco DVD
An ox's tale DVD
2 Stu Hamm albums
Slash's autobiography
and some other none music related stuffs
and some of them lush 24k gold plated strings for my jazz and the 5er stingray copy i'm getting
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Nov 26, 2007,
Badass II Bridge
Ultralight tuners
EMG P-pickup
Black pickguard
Refin for my bass

I'm buying a few of them, the rest will be presents.
haha
New York Bass Works Fretless 4-string. But I'll settle for a digeridoo.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
i always get my presents early. This year i got a crate BX100 for 200 bucks. It's smaller than my peavey but i just needed a practice amp that i could lift by myself.
GK Neo 412
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Line6 DL-4 Delay
Bass Whammy to be re-issued (or just one for me)
Schecter 004 in a 5-string... so I guess a 005
BADASS II
BBE SONIC MAXIMIZER (maxcom compressor really but doubt santa will bring it)

thats it for bass the rest is cash for upgrades for the laptop im getting for graduation.
i figure if i pool birthday maney+christmas cash+graduation gift money i should get that
SONY VAIO AR 1080P17" 2.4GHZdual-core with bluray read and burner running 4gb RAM *melts*
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Last edited by Emergancy Exit at Nov 26, 2007,
Quote by Charlatan_001
GK Neo 412
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Line6 DL-4 Delay
Bass Whammy to be re-issued (or just one for me)
Schecter 004 in a 5-string... so I guess a 005

do they even make those? for my Christmas list (stuff i'm buying for myself) a ampeg bass head, a ampeg cabinet, and then a Schecter 004 bass, and a Schecter Elite-5 in Black Cherry
Quote by silentscream51
do they even make those? for my Christmas list (stuff i'm buying for myself) a ampeg bass head, a ampeg cabinet, and then a Schecter 004 bass, and a Schecter Elite-5 in Black Cherry

No I don't think they make the 004 in a fiver, but I want one.
A bass... Havent picked out one yet (I know its gonna be Ibanez or Fender), but in due time. $450 tops though... Im poor and 18, so I dont get presents anymore...
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
One of these is on my wishlist but I doubt the funds will be available until Christmas 2008

Warwick Stryker TCS Ziricote
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Page 1 of 3