how can i get a decent quality recording on my laptop.
what kind of equipment & software would I need? x
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Marshall JCM800
Boss Tu-2, Os-2, DD-3
It depends on your laptop, if you have a mac laptop then you should get Logic 8.1 to record and mix , it's a superb piece of software.. If you use PC then get Cubase or Nuendo, both are cool programs.

Well, if you have a ****ty sound card there is nothing you can do mate unless you buy an external USB sound card with a jack line-in so that you can plug in your guitar directly and record using VSTi.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
get something along the lines of a toneport by line 6. it comes with awesome software to get the tone you want. when you get that, download audacity or something to record with. thats a good piece of freeware
Quote by Cytagasm
get something along the lines of a toneport by line 6. it comes with awesome software to get the tone you want. when you get that, download audacity or something to record with. thats a good piece of freeware

I have toneport by line 6, it doesn't have that good of distortions. If the kid is a fan of metal music then toneport is out of the question, haha, I know what I'm talking about. I even bought an expansion called "METAL TONES" which was absolute crap.

VST is better, Line-in Recording and add Amplitube 2.. It has amazing distortions and sounds.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
logic 8.1 i'd go for...thats if u have a mac, if u have a pc....give up but you'll need a new soundcard cause if you've got a pile of **** your recordings will be a pile of ****.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC