So, me and my mate are soldering up a guitar at the minute. (Squier Telecaster Custom) And there's this massive humming sound on the bridge pickup. We thought it was earthing/grounding obviously. But when we slightly nudge the switch. The humming goes away. So what could we do to solve this problem?

Muchos Thanks, Tom
could still be a loose ground wire. you need to check those connections.
from bridge pup to switch, ground pool.

also, squier swtiches are if-y. so make sure contacts are being made as it switches.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
have done, theyre all there and we've had it in bits for ages touching stuff trying to earth things.

i think it might be the switch tbh

EDIT - It's a new switch, too
Last edited by thellamaking at Nov 25, 2007,
well it's possible, ive had to bend metal parts to get better connections before. even on new switches.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ Well it theory, it's basically a Les Paul wiring layout (2 vol/2 tone/3 way) And it's a 3 way switch like on a LP or SG, not the 3 way blade switch like on regular Tele's.