Hi
I've got a Squier Standard Stratocaster and a a Squier Sp-10 Amplifier.
I don't have the money to buy a real Fender Stratocaster, so I'm thinking of buying a new amp or a effects wokstation or pedal.
What do you think ? should I buy a amp (ex. line 6 spider or roland cube) or a pedal (boss gt, boss me, digitech rp....) ?? what is the better low price/high improvement option?

Thank you

sorry for the bad english
go for the Roland Cube. it seems like saving up for a japanese strat could help out to. its gonna sound better than that squier. no offense. i started on a squier as well. got rid of it as soon as i could though.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
I like line 6 amps, but they do NOT sound good with a strat.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stephen_rettie
well you shouldnt buy a line 6 but ya a better amp, maybe a small tube combo

Yeahh.. Line 6s are good, but not with Strats.
i have a line 6 spider II i dont like it personally i think the cube sounds better. As far as pedals are concerned theres nothing better than boss. you should really just get a better guitar though. it makes a huge difference.
I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow world.

Ibanez RG2 EX1 (Black)
Line 6 Spider II 75w
Sekova Mandolin
Team Custom Traditional 4 string bass
Yamaha E403 keyboard
My Last.fm
Myspace
no but its better to get a good amp before you bother to get a good fx pedal, rather then getting a crappy fx pedal to go with your crappy amp
really depends on the pedal cause for awhile i was running off some pedals and it was pretty good, then i got a spider III 75 which rules. i dont know about the strat thing everyones saying but its pretty good for metal if ur into that.
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
If you're just starting out, a better amp is far more necessary than a pedal. Go with the Roland Cube or Microcube, both are great.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
I will say just "Bandit"...... Peavey Bandit 212 ..... after that buy whatever you want. Of course this is proposal for beginers .... later U need good tube amp... but Peavey Bandit will do the work for you. Great clean chanel, great gain at secons chanel... from bluesy dirty sound to nu metal hi gain punch in your face. And everything from small solid state 1x12" 80W amp ... also not much money for it.
Try to escape from stomp boxes.... maybe good chorus and vah are ok to buy, but U do not need anything more for the start.
Regards from Bosnia.
Amp- but ask for advice first rather than buying one that "looks cool" and so happens to be in your price range
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

What's with the amount of people actually liking Spiders. THEY SUCK. I've played a couple. They sound digital and their cleans are crap. They're solid state. They break up at high volumes. THEIR SPEAKERS SUCK. They're main gimmick is to imitate models and effects, but why wouldn't you get the real thing?

Also, my guitar teacher, who is an expert on tone, was an owner of a Spider. He told me it sucked. He put in new speakers, which he said made it decent, but he still sold it to some other chump. He advised me to stay away from them, and now I see why.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X