yeah its essential

clapton at his best
Last edited by swinghead at Nov 25, 2007,
actually I haven't picked that one up yet... probably should, I'm a huge fan of Clapton... mostly his pre-solo work.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
actually I haven't picked that one up yet... probably should, I'm a huge fan of Clapton... mostly his pre-solo work.

the yardbirds rule and Bluesbreakers is a real milestone, you gotta listen to it
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
I just got this Album and I've never been a huge Clapton fan but man his leads on this are amazing. Anyone else ever listen to this album?

yes its a pretty awesome album and his playing is up there. although there is a version of steppin out thats on the clapton crossroads 4 disc set that i have that i think is better than the one on the album. other than that, some of the solos i just have to say "man...". but odly enough, i think my favorite song on that album is parchman farm...which doesnt even have clapton playing on it lol.
u talkin' "Beano" right?

it's totally on his autobiography. he hated being in pictures so he bought a comic and he looked at his Beano comic while being in the picture.

he sang in i think "Ramblin on my Mind" and that was the only one he sang in because John made him. Clapton himself hated the fact that his voice was "whiney"
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Just today at school my music teacher pulled out an original vinyl of this album. Awesome seeing a rock and roll artifact like that.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
Personally prefer Peter Green's album with Mayall "A Hard Road", but the Beano album is an all time classic British blues album.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
have the album, love it
Definitely some of Clapton's best playing on record.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by frippogenics
Pretty good, I like the "Day Tripper" steal on "What I'd Say"

what id say is a ray charles cover and it was originally released in 1959 while day tripper came out in 1965
Quote by frippogenics
Ooo, you got me there...

except I was referring to the day tripper riff that Clapton tacks on after the drum solo. But nice try

do you think he took it from the beatles song?