Okay, recently, I've got a part-time job, and I've managed to save enough money for a cabinet to add to my head (Ashdown ABM), which isn't in use yet. So I've browsed around online guitar stores, and UG, and I've noticed that gear is SO much cheaper over in the USA. So my idea is to order an Avatar B410 NEO, since I've seen amazing reviews of them, and then ship it over to the U (I have relatives in the USA to help me out with this). Now here's where I need help -

All of this, including shipping, and the particular finish I want on the cab (Line-X) will probably add up to around £300-350. So I was thinking - for this price, could I get something of even or better quality from the UK? Keep in mind that neodymium drivers are a massive reason why I like the idea of the Avatar, along with the price tag.

Thanks a lot UG!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
well if you add up the cost of tax, shipping and handling, etc it'll probably end up being the same amount as if you bought it in a store over here. so by all means if you want it go for it. But if I were you I'd look into Ashdown or Ampeg.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Did you read the second part of my post? I HAVE added shipping costs etc.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
oh sorry forgot about that part.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Did you read the second part of my post? I HAVE added shipping costs etc.

That may well be the case but do you know of the customs/import tax you'll have to pay?
As far as I know you'll have to pay 4% customs and then 17.5% import/vat. Although, if you have relatives I think they can ship it as a gift and the costs won't be paid. I'm not entirely sure.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2