im planning to buy a guitar, what shud i go for Ibanez or squire......?
rAg3
I would say get an ibanez but I'm curious what models are you looking at?
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Ibanez for sure. The cheapest Ibanez will most likely be better than the most expensive Squire. Seriously. Squires aren't good.
IBANEZ. i have a squier and i've only played it for a year and its already falling apart.
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
Depends on what styles you play, how much you want to spend, how experienced you are...also, there's more than two guitar manufacturers out there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i think ibanez is so much better than a squire of the same price, go ibanez
never get a squire if you have the choice to get something else. squires suck and ibanez's are usually pretty good guitars.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Ibanez easy.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Ibanez without the trem! coz cheapy ibanezes tremolos suck, sometimes u can get good squiers but thats rare so Ibanez
/CENTER]
don't listen to the fanboys. it depends on what models you are looking at, there are some good squiers like the jagmaster and there are some ****ty ibanez like the starting packs. just try them and get the ones you like. but please, no affinity series, you WILL regret it.
There really aren't many good starter packs out there.

Hell, I've still got my first guitar after 3 years of playing it. Its an Encore. Strat copy, yes. ****ty bridge, yes. Really worn in and sounds alright for the price? Yes.

The above poster's right, don't listen to the fanboys. Ibanez are good, sure. But you don't have to conform to people who say something's great when it might not suit your particular taste.
Now and Zen.
Quote by pl0x
Ibanez without the trem! coz cheapy ibanezes tremolos suck, sometimes u can get good squiers but thats rare so Ibanez

+1. An RG321 or RG2EXx will do you well (the small x could be a 1 or 2).

And I have a Zoom G2.1u. It's a fine multi-effects pedal. Durable, and the sounds seem very organic, compared to Line 6's offerings.
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Nov 25, 2007,
Quote by ashish169
i also need an opinion on zoom processor...... the G2.1u

I have that, i love it, its really good for beginners/ intermediate
/CENTER]
Ibanez = really thin necks. It's something you'll love or find awkward.
ESP has the best necks IMHO. I own one for that very reason. They will be well set up when you get them, and the necks are really smooth and comfortable. The only catch is that low-end models have unpopular woods like agathis...if you wait for a bit, you can purchase models made of basswood.
Depends on what you want.
Squiers have there good guitars and there bad ones, Affinity Tele, '51 and most from the Vintage Mod series are pretty damn awesome.
Ibanez have there good guitars and bad ones, RG321, SZ, S etc. are pretty good.
I would definitely play both first...I know a guy that has a Squire really isn't bad at all.....Nice neck and fretboard......but from my experience, I prefer Ibanez...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Slacker996
Ibanez PERIOD

Is that a new model? Sounds...um...well, messy...

You can't make the decision on brand name alone, simple as. Squier do some good entry level stuff, so do Ibanez...likewise they both make some crud too.

TS - how long you been playing, what styles of music do you play, how much money have you got to spend, what other equipment (if any) do you have etc etc
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ibanez makes great guitars. Im not sure about starter sets though. But between that and a Squire, I'd have to say definitely the Ibanez.
have been playing for some time now... may be a year.... still have an acoustic.... not really into rythm.... love soloing.... getting really bored with an acoustic now.... think its time for an electric.... well how u really know if its time for an electric....?
rAg3
Try a Hardtail RG from Ibanez. but if you dont Like the necks then your pretty much screwd for Ibanez. i have aalso heard good things about the Squire Jagmaster.
I'v had my Squire for four years and I love it.

I have played an Ibanez quite a bit, but I'm not *real* impressed by it.
Spend at least $400 on an Ibanez with a hard tail. No trems in that price range. You will get a good instrument. Also have heard good about the Squier Teles.