your friend's a retard. no offence.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had typed a long block of text before this, but I'll just cut it all out to say: Yes, they're good.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
Quote by Acquiescence
i think they're fine but my friend says they are crappy

Do you mean the locking ones? They're the same one used for Fender American Strats (and Teles as well). Ask an owner of one.
Quote by Acquiescence
i think they're fine but my friend says they are crappy

Let me guess. Your freind thinks that grover are the best tuners ever right?

Your freind doesn't know what he is talking about. Nickel M6 Schaller tuners give you the most bang for your buck. They are better than Grovers and par with Gotoh. The gold M6's with ebony buttons hold a tune as well as waverlys, but are not a smooth they are, however, more smooth than any Gotoh tuners I've tried. The nickel and the gold with gold buttons are not quite as good but still compeat with Gotoh and are better than most of the Grover tuners. The chrome M6 tuners are not as smooth as gotoh but longer wearing and just as smooth as Grover. The locking schallers are as good as planet waves and sperzel locking tuners but not as smooth as the steinburger gearless tuners.

So the short version of all that is that schaller tuners are good. Some are better than others. The best schallers compeat with the top of the market and are as good as tuners that cost twice as much. The worst schaller tuners are still a little better than the entry level "high quality" tuners.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Nov 25, 2007,
yeah i think u guys are right he has like a dean vendetta and what he like tested out my new rickenbacke 330 and said it was crap and i should take it back but he listens to grindcore/death metal which i can't stand i mean all the vocalists sound like they are gurgling on acid maN juice
There "economy" tuners as they are labeled for about 10 bucks then everything else with a name on it. Most other tuners start at 30 bucks and go up. So you can imagine the quality of "economy" tuners. They are what comes on all the bottom end guitars out there. They arent good at stating in tune. I have grovers, gotoh, and schaller tuners in guitars. They all do a really good job. Your friend is one of those people who gets an idea form who knows where and it becomes the truth. Has he actually had a guitar with schaller tuners or just repeating what some other idiot told him. If you do alot of wammy bar stuff then you wanna go with locking tuners or a locking nut.
Quote by Dave_Mc
your friend's a retard. no offence.

+1
its ok, i have a few firends that dont know what they are talking about either
they are very good
ESPs have those in their guitars