I am looking at getting one of these.

M-Audio Audiophile 192
Tascam US144
Alesis IO2

Mobility isn't really an issue, also how important are balanced inputs/outputs. And right now with my current integrated sound I get a delay between when I hit a note and when I hear it back through my computer speakers (when monitoring a track in my DAW). I assume any of these would get rid of that completely.
M-Audio Delta 44 or 66 is what you want. The latency issue can be avoided by using a low-latency sound driver, such as ALSA, or ASIO which is windows' solution I think.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by JordanStreet
since they don't have midi, I would just buy a USB Midi cable then ?

Most modern MIDI devices have usb capability, without the need of a regular MIDI cable. But it is good to have a MIDI interface, and there are good solutions. These are from M-Audio and are all pretty cheap.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by JordanStreet
okay cool, also why the delta 44 / 66 over the audiophile192

4x4 unbalanced i/o, no screwing around, just the stuff you need. Convenient breakout box so you don't have to crawl behind your PC to hook stuff up. Great converters. Very modular.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I don't know, I feel pretty attracted by the M-Audio Audiophile 192. Besides the guitar inputs it also has the S/PDIF input/output and midi. I heard both good and bad things about the midi/usb interfaces and I think a direct one (in the card) would just work better. I don't think crawling behind the computer is an issue, you just connect it and leave it connected. You can always get a mixer and do your connections there.
The M-audio Delta 44 has always served me well, with high quality inputs. There unbalanced so you will need outboard gear in addition to it.