Hi, I own a Faded double cutaway les paul (Yeah, the cheap one) which has two soap bar p 90's. I want to change the bridge one for a '57 humbucker or burstbucker. Only thign is, I want to get the measurements of the humbuckers before I buy it to gauge how much work will will need to be done.
If anyone has a 57 or burstbucker, could you post the measurements (w/o cover then covered). Or, if anyone has replaced a p90 with a full sized humbucker, could you give me some tips so I don't totally ruin the body.

Thanks,
Nick
Quote by DarkfnTemplar
(w/o cover then covered).

you are aware that the covers dont just come on and off, right?

edit: and i like the Faded LP DC, its not crappy.
You're going to have about 1/2-3/4" of empty space on either side of the humbucker. If you try to fill it in, your guitar will look like ****. If you try to cover it, it will look stupid and gaudy. You're better off properly shielding your guitar and getting a good set of soapbars.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by makuserusukotto
you are aware that the covers dont just come on and off, right?

edit: and i like the Faded LP DC, its not crappy.

Im used to the lp dc, and those come off and on.

It's not the width I'm worried about. Its more of the length.
Quote by Dirk Gently
You're going to have about 1/2-3/4" of empty space on either side of the humbucker. If you try to fill it in, your guitar will look like ****. If you try to cover it, it will look stupid and gaudy. You're better off properly shielding your guitar and getting a good set of soapbars.

Read this. Basically, humbuckers don't fit it standard P-90 routing, and a fair amount of work will need to be done, to make it look okay.

If you're looking for noise reduction, shield your guitar, first.
Here's a guide:
guitarnuts.com
I buy my foil tape at stewmac.com

If you're looking for hum reduction AND a hotter pickup...Check out Seymour Duncan's pickups. They have hotter output P-90's, and a P-90 model with a stacked design, so it's hum canceling.