http://www.music123.com/Behringer-V-AMP-2-Amp-Modeler-480674-i1145387.Music123

my friend has one and says it is basically the same thing as the podxt, but with wah and less features

is this true? also, im thinking about buying one since im too poor to afford something good. im going to my friends later to try it, but i want some opinions from people who have/own it
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by stephen_rettie
just as a piece of advice auto wah sucks

i like auto-wah, i know its not as versatile but its better than keeping your foot on a wah pedal to hold it down when you find a nice tone

any other comments?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
The Behringer V-Amp 2 isn't bad at all. It's definitely better than those Digitech units. Those Digitech units are crap, don't even bother. For the price, you can't beat it. What kind of sound are you looking for out of the V-Amp? I know the heavier amp models with the V-Amp 2 sound better than most modeling units.
I had one when i first started playing, and I didn't like it a lot, I had problems getting good tone.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
I have the Vamp2 and think its great. People that say it sounds bad generally forgot to put it in the right mode when running through a guitar amp (it colours the sound). When you run it through a PA it sounds incredible IMO.
Quote by Guitarmiester
The Behringer V-Amp 2 isn't bad at all. It's definitely better than those Digitech units. Those Digitech units are crap, don't even bother. For the price, you can't beat it. What kind of sound are you looking for out of the V-Amp? I know the heavier amp models with the V-Amp 2 sound better than most modeling units.

agreed. I would say its one of Behringers best products. It hangs in with the Pod pretty well, but it does have a few issues. Number one, the construction on these is pretty cheap. I was going to sell mine but it started going wacky. Number 2, the effects aren't too good and never work the same way twice it seems. Btw, all the songs in my profile are recorded with a VAMP2. I think it does a pretty good job for budget recording.
I have a vamp2 at my house right now (borrowing it from a friend) and it sucks! if you screw around with it too much it starts squealing and I have to do a factory reset to get it back to normal, not to mention all the tones sound weak and thin.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats