taylor electric solidbodies!! wtf? They already chearge $3000 for their acoustics. What makes them think they can charge $1300-$2300 for their FIRST electric guitars?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?src=taylor+solid&Search.x=2&Search.y=10

sorry about the rant. just had to get it out.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Bearing in mind how respected their acoustics are I'm certain that their electrics are constructed just as well and I doubt they'd put any iffy materials into an instrument of that price.

Still wouldn't buy one, don't really like the look, but I'm sure they're great if you like taht sort of thing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Stupid thread, what does it matter if it's their first production line solid bodies? Why would that impact price?

I don't doubt it's a well crafted instrument that sounds nice.
umm because ppl buy them??? i mean seriously, they make something, its rly good. ppl buy it. end of story

why should they make it cheaper if it makes them as much money as it does?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
have really read or researched these or are you just talking out of your a**? Theses are amazing guitars. SO because they have never made one before, they don't deserve to charge that much? that is flawed rationality. Please think before you speak.
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
The classic one is pretty sexy but yeah they got to be special for that price if its Taylors first solidbody
Amazing? They look like ass, and I have heard much nicer sounds from other guitars that cost less than those.

For that much, I would MUCH prefer a Framus.
yes i play a low end taylor (wow 600 dollar guitar is low end i have become my father) and its the best acoustic ive ever played im sure the electrics will follow in the taylor spirit
that one bolt neck joint intrigues me,,,,,not really peaking a buying interest intrigue,,,,,moreso just how does it work?
Honestly I played one and I really wasn't impressed with it much. The setup from the shop was terrible and it sounded very thin.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by bored_maniac33
umm because ppl buy them??? i mean seriously, they make something, its rly good. ppl buy it. end of story

why should they make it cheaper if it makes them as much money as it does?

People*
Really*
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by Lumpelope
1)have really read or researched these or are you just talking out of your a**? 2)Theses are amazing guitars. 3)SO because they have never made one before, they don't deserve to charge that much? that is flawed rationality. Please think before you speak.

1) Yes I have researched them. They are new so there isnt a truckload of info on them.

2) Have you ever played one? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

3) Work on your grammer.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
Quote by rokket2005
that one bolt neck joint intrigues me,,,,,not really peaking a buying interest intrigue,,,,,moreso just how does it work?

http://www.taylorelectricguitars.com/Features/Default.aspx?featureid=3

The neck joint looks pretty impressive but I'm not sure I would trust a neck with only one bolt in it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
They are still less than a good gibson... hes talking out of his a**. $1300 isent that bad, even though i personaly wouldent cough up more than $700.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
Quote by buzzcut
1) Yes I have researched them. They are new so there isnt a truckload of info on them.

3) Work on your grammer.

Please tell me that was on purpose. Because if it wasn't, I'd strongly advise you to crawl into a dark, isolated cave and never come out in the open again.

Anyway... I'd have to play one to make judgements. But Taylor's a well-estabilished brand (which, as with many other brands, boosts the price by itself), so I don't think that the fact that it's their first solidbody electric should forcefully lower the guitar's price.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by AndrewDulina
They are still less than a good gibson... hes talking out of his a**. $1300 isent that bad, even though i personaly wouldent cough up more than $700.

Gibsons are known around the world for their superior quality and sound. They have been around for many, many decades. Because of this, Gibson can justify having a high price for their guitars (although many gibbys are still overpriced)
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
Quote by buzzcut
Taylors are known around the world for their superior quality and sound. They have been around for many, many decades. Because of this, Taylor can justify having a high price for their guitars (although many Taylors are still overpriced)

Fixed
A US-made guitar with luxury cosmetic appointments and a "handcrafted" vibe going for $2300. What else is new?

On the side note, these look beautiful and have a few novel features on them, and will indubitably be of the highest quality you can get. I'd say Taylor lowballed the list prices on those.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Having not played one I can't give that informed of an opinion. Taylor, although not my taste in accoustics (too bright) have proven a force to be reconded with. They are high quality instruments and deserve any kudos poeple want to throw them.

From what little I have just looked at on the web, the electrics appear to the same well thought out planning along with an eye for design incorparated into a nice looking and probably playing instrument.

They are not cheap but they don't seem to be over priced at first look. If anything I expect the price to jump if they are as good as they appear to be. Taylor does not let anything out the door that doesn't pass a lengthy QA test.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Last edited by Molsons Golden at Nov 25, 2007,
Quote by rokket2005
Fixed

thou shall not change my post

anyways, not trying to make this a thread full of fighting and arguments. Just wanted to see if anyone felt the same as me. Obviously not haha
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
Quote by buzzcut

3) Work on your grammer.

I highly doubt fender or gibson's first electric guitars were cheap just because they were "new." What a stupid concept.

And also, "Grammer" is spelled "Grammar"

Touche? Yup.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Taylor's solidbodies look and sound great, though. I haven't had the chance to play one yet, but I'm certain they'll play great, too. I think they'll be worth the price they're charging.
Quote by andy_thomas
People*
Really*

whats it with ppl (yes ppl!! dang you!!) and grammar?? i mean come on!! lighten up!! im not changing it so :P
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I highly doubt fender or gibson's first electric guitars were cheap just because they were "new." What a stupid concept.

+1
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by buzzcut
taylor electric solidbodies!! wtf? They already chearge $3000 for their acoustics. What makes them think they can charge $1300-$2300 for their FIRST electric guitars?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?src=taylor+solid&Search.x=2&Search.y=10

Because they're great guitars.

As a counter argument, what makes you think your rant matters? Kidding...
Quote by buzzcut

Oh I'm sorry was the first Les Paul like $50? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote by TSelman
Oh I'm sorry was the first Les Paul like $50? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Even if you're not, fifty bucks could sure buy you a lot in 1951.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Yeah, remember they probably have to play off that R&D as well.
Hey - I did tons of research, and bought the Taylor solidbody custom. This is after buying my dream guitar (Les Paul Std) and sending it back.

1. The quality of the guitar is amazing - every detail is perfect
2. The bridge is a dream
3. The sound is unique - takes some getting used to setting up - the secret is that the tone control is different - its actually useful :-) I also had to tweak my pedals - but once I found the right combo, I was in love.

The guitar gets sounds from strat, tele, to serious crunch! Does it get a pure Les Paul tone - not exactly, but close. Is it for everyone......of course not. If we all wanted the same thing, there would be one guitar for the masses. I also have an Ibanez artist which gets that Slash tone I need-when I need it!

But - I play a combo of classic and modern rock and this guitar is 'magic'.

Just my opinion......