i have all parts of my essay finished except i have to describe the economy of Feudal Japan. i looked on google for an hour and couldn't find anything. can someone please help me?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Nov 25, 2007,
i remeber its basically the same thing as European feudalism so just search that.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Its almost completely internalized.

I may be a little off. But I believe they had a few isolated schools of learning from the dutch or sommething?

It was completely internalized really until the Meiji Reforms and Admiral Perry forced it into world economy.

Besides that, it was based on fishing, and luxury products I believe.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
wiki didnt have it??? *gasp*
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Quote by Zach_F
Its almost completely internalized.

I may be a little off. But I believe they had a few isolated schools of learning from the dutch or sommething?

It was completely internalized really until the Meiji Reforms and Admiral Perry forced it into world economy.

Besides that, it was based on fishing, and luxury products I believe.

...sorry, but what?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Sigh

Japans economy durings its feudal period, I forget the rulers, but I think its the Kamakura period, then the Muramachi, Then the momoyama.

It gets shady as to whether you'd call it feudalism towards the end of the Edo Period.

During that time, Japan was under self isolationist policy, I.e. The emperor who had little other power, declared foreigners couldnt come in. The shoguns liked this idea, as it made their position a little easier, without foreign influence helping another shogun.

(Shogun = Feudal Japanese Warlord)
(Daimyo = Most powerful position in feudal japan)

The feudal period, is also the same period that the samurai had their positions of power.
Samurai are the aristocracy of the time, and equivalent to a European knight in japan, with a few less rules.

As in every other feudal system, the poor and low class produce goods for the upper class. So low class fisherman produced the majority of the food supply, and possessed the least of the wealth.

Contrary to the situation in russia, there werent prohibitions on leaving one daimyo's land, but doing it would probobaly get one killed.

So essentially, its the same as Romanov Era Serfdom in Russia, just not as official.

Basically, Until 1851 Japan was in a state of isolation, so until 1851 it remained feudal. So until that point it was the same as any other feudal society, Large low class, small high class.

90% of the wealth with 5% of the population, Economic manorialism is prevalent.

I assume your taking world history, and if your in the US, I assume your taking AP world history or somehing, probobaly as a sophomore?

The dutch schools of learning allowed small amounts of western influence to leak into the economy.

Japan had always been Feudal, When they succesfully fended off the mongols it just solidified that isolation, and thus they remained feudal even longer.

It ended in 1851 When US's Admiral Perry showed up and strongarmed japan open to western influence, when he left, The meiji reforms began in an attempt to strengthen japan and catch up so they wouldnt be taken advantage of anymore. That effectivly ended feudalism in japan.

Take it as a list of facts, Im really a nerd, Im on my 7th history course as a junior, I really enjoy the stuff.

But Persian/Greek/early European is really my thing.
A little bit middle east too.
So whenever you get to that stuff, if you need any help, shoot me a PM.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."