as far as i've heard, not much further than blues... it'd go far enough with an OD pedal though =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
aah, not that kind of heavy lol ¬.¬
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
In stock form, you can only go as far as a good crunch.

Modded or with a pedal... no limit really...
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
You can get metal tones with a bit of modding, although at a cost to your cleans. Not like, teh br00talz death metal, but a pretty heavy sound.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Staight into it cranked, really not much more than a classic rock crunch or a nice blues rock solo, depends on the pickups you're using though. There's a very simple gain mod you can do that will open up alot more gain. I can go into more details if you'd like.
Part of it depends on your guitar, part is your pickups, and if you have the head it depends on what speaker you are using. If you have really high output pickups going into a head with a speaker that is good for metal (too many to try and list examples) then it can sound very metal, but you gotta have the high output pickups and they have to be bright high output pickups. Dark high output pups just turn into mud with the VJ.
Not taking any online orders.
I think you can get pretty heavy.
I dunno.. is led zep heavy?
do you mean lows? you can tweak the pants off the lows in this thing.
You can clean it up on the low end, and suffer no mud whatsoever.
You can't stand mine with the tone all the way up with epi lp stock pups through it, the treble would burst yer brain out.
hit the bright switch and you're out of the room or suffering.
That's not bad, by the way.. at low volume or with the nfb on.. with dark pups.. you can certainly use that brightness.

crunch is modifiable in several ways. I have two switches on one head.. one for R8, one for R9, two resistors in each spot so I can choose.. more crunch, or more twang.

Look, I put the Hammond 125ESE Output Transformer in my V2 head.. and at the same reasonable living room volume setting I was using it at as stock, now I'm shaking the goofy knick knacks off the wall.

just blues my ass.. these things do blues without even breathing heavy.
They do hard rock, and by the way, they don't call it hard rock for nothing, as a matter of course.
Metal is another matter.. if you are using a baritone, detuned, it wont go flabby on the lows, but wont really give you the full 100 watt balls to the wall kinda thing.

zz top ac/dc led zep.. and farther. no doubt about that.
talking modded head and stock cabinet.

my epi lp isn't high output, just the usual 8K humbuckers, and as for brightness, I use the stock cap on the bridge, and a brighter cap on the neck.
sounds great. breaks up real easy though with humbucks, in general.

speaker efficiency is the thing.. if you have muddy speakers.. low dbl for sensitivity, you are going to get crap. period.
You need at least 98dbl there.. 100 is better.

with a simple one knob tweed tone control, you can put highs on this thing that will make the dogs bark.
my hotter output kent armstrong p90s are the bomb in both my heads. even the cleanish modded head. just wonderful.
and my single coils sing!

I'm an old fart, I don't do much contemporary metal, but I listen to it.
(having a 21 year old who IS a metal head fixed that)

slogging through the mods is hard.. don't get yourself killed.. learn safety!.. but it's also very fun, and teaches you a lot about tone.
half your tone is your gear.. first half you, second half guitar AND amp.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Staight into it cranked, really not much more than a classic rock crunch or a nice blues rock solo, depends on the pickups you're using though. There's a very simple gain mod you can do that will open up alot more gain. I can go into more details if you'd like.

Please do.
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
Please do.

Simply find R6 on the PCB, remove it, and add a jumper wire in place of it. You can take it a step further and install a switch for versatility. Just leave the resistor in there and attatch two wires from a SPST to the two leads on the resistor, now you have a low/high gain switch

That'll open up a fair amount of gain.